or Connect

Posts by ambersrose

My husband had to visit and tour a waste water facility when he was doing his schooling (Environmental Science). He was told that those flushable wipes are horrible for the the waste treatment plants because they do not break down and clog up the system. They are banned in my home because of that. If you are concerned with that too then maybe you could do a good wipe with a cloth wipe/wet washcloth on the boys bums before putting in pajamas for the night.
Quote: Originally Posted by sandsprite I use TIDE FREE all the time. never had a problem. I think, but I don't know for sure that FREE in the states means potentially something different that it does here. It means the same thing in the states.
As a child I hated my mothers best friend too. We were not compatable personalities at all even though she was not really mean to me. I resented my mother for telling me that I had to be nice to her and not say things that hurt her feelings. I took her telling me these things as she was taking sides with her friend and I felt even more resentful towards the friend. My advice would be not to make it too much of an issue out of it to your son. Recognize that he is an...
[QUOTE=eepster;10403367] You could also let her guide you as to the best way to heal the situation. I understand from a purely asthetic point of veiw stripping and painting makes the most sense, but it may be better emotionally to repair the paper. If it was stripped off in large pieces it could be glued back up. There will be seams but it should work. If she just ripped off small areas it could be touched up with acrylic paint. Even though it won't look perfect it might...
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom Um...are you really asking a 4 yr old to 'tell' you verbally when she is frustrated? I would think that at the *moment* she started throwing tools an adult would have jumped towards her, figuring she was totally frustrated, and held her little hand gently "No way cutie do we throw tools." Take the tissues "Hey, we need these for when the snots are flowing!" To let her continue on a ramapage, waiting for her to figure...
Thanks for everyones perspective on this. I am pretty good about admiting when I am wrong and apoligizing to her. I guess my issues with this one is that I want her to take some of the respondsibility too. Our solution (that we can up with together) is that she will sleep in the guest room while we fix her room (she is going to help) and then she will move back in. I really cant have her in there as we strip wall paper, prime and repaint. I explained to her that she...
but I already told her that her room was taken away...isnt it better to stick with what you say...I feel changing my decicion would make me look flaky in her eyes. ?
My DD (4) had a really bad afternoon today and I need some help dealing with it. The trouble started with DD helping DH in the garage. DD got bored and started throwing things (screwdrivers, ect.) when she was told that she could not do that she came inside the house and ripped a box of tissues open and threw tissues all over the floor. When DH asked her why she did that she ran to her room and slamed the door. She often goes to her room to cool down when she gets...
I change DD about every 3 hours unless it is obvious she needs it sooner. I have been known to use the finger test to check if a diaper is wet as well.