or Connect

Posts by jenapaganmom5

Hello Liz So I am wondering what everyone's days are like? My typical day looks like this 6:30 wake up drink large glass of water/ Vitamins/ start load of laundry 6:40-7:15 Leave for gym/ work out 7:20 switch laundry - take walk with dog 7:45 drink glass of water ? fix breakfast for family 8:00 help kids cleanup breakfast 8:10 switch laundry / help kids put away clean clothes 8:20 help clean up rooms and get organized for day 8:35 get work...
Hi Lara, Thanks for your support, yes I do get a break from time to time but like you sometimes the ?breaks? I do get aren?t very relaxing. My mom has Cancer and my Grandma is 89 and not doing very well they live here together, in our town and my father who is a 100% disabled (mentally ill) veteran lives here part time and in Mason Texas part time. So between my parents and my children I am pretty over extended. DH and I went out sat night and had a sitter she is a...
Lara, Sorry I haven?t written things have been just very crazy lately every time I think I have it ?together? I am quickly reminded of how easily it can fall apart. It seems every time I pick up the phone to make a call one of my children starts screaming as if they are being brutally beaten this starts a spinning cycle of negativity for me. I keep trying to come up with creative solutions but what ends up happening is I end up procrastinating things I really need...
Hi, I don?t have much time to write this weekend but I couldn?t resist telling you how adorable you children are! You know what is absolutely amazing is how much your daughters look like the two "grandmothers" on the second page of the Christmas pictures. Your younger daughter looks like the lady on the right in the sweater that zips, and your older daughter looks like the lady on the left with the red sweater on. You should put the pictures of the girls next to the...
Hi Lara, Sounds like you do so much with your children, that is fantastic! We are for the most part unstructured educationally however our day is structured due to necessity. One the things I feel we are lacking lately is trips to the Library; I am trying to work on getting out of the house with the kiddos more. What is and Educational Consultant? So you have PH. D. in Educational Technology wow that is very interesting. I would be curious to know what you...
I was wondering there are any Work at Home Homeschooling Mommies around? I am a WAHM with five kids; my formal intro in on the ?Pleased to meet you board?. I have five kids between the ages of 9 and 2 and we are an unschooling family, dh works outside the home at his families business and I work in the home as a Non Profit Consultant and a Project Coordinator. As WAHM who homeschools I am almost desperate to find some kindred spirits who would like to chat and e-mail...
I am just having such a hard time finding my tribe IRL. I just wanted to say I am so sorry this happened to you but don?t give up! I met my best friend in the grocery store! One of the things I have done when I was very lonely was really watch people, and not hesitate to talk with someone. For example your in the store and you see a lady who is talking with her baby, make a comment to her to get the conversations started then ask something like ?Do you take your baby to...
My kids all call me Mom ? Mama ? Mommy and dh Dad ?dada ?daddy all depending on who, what, when and where but lately our 4 yr old has starting saying ?Mom and Dad? very stoically we can?t help but laugh. However the funny thing is when my kids are talking someone else about the parent weather it be me or dh they refer to us by our names. In other word they will ask ?When will Dale be home?? Our daughter who is very attached to her father calls him ?Mamadada? and when she...
A little further south, in the Coastal Bend Area, I am reluctant to list exactly where due to us being in a rural area. Jena WAHM to 5 unschooled kiddos ages 9,6,5,4,&2
If your ds really wants to do some “homeschool†on the computer a great FREE site is www.starfall.com it has a fantastic reading program that my 6,5,4&2 yr old are really LOVING! I print out the printed materials to go with the interactive lessons. We actually do much of our education over the computer, we are unschoolers for the most part but my 9 yr old was wanting more structure so we use www.childu.com for him it cost about 20 bucks a month and you can pay over...