or Connect

Posts by katemomof7

I haven't read through everything here quite yet, as I was just directed to this thread after I posted something in the tribe forum. I am so excited to have found it, though. :-) I (and my husband) are in a polyfidelitous relationship for, gosh, well, it's been almost 8 years since Anna and Jim moved in, although we've been together for longer than that. It just made since when Anna was pregnant with our son that "our" family and "their" family joined together, and 8...
We've seven kids. Our two oldest (15, and 13) sleep in their own room. Our next child is 9, and she goes between the family bed and the "big kids room". We keep an extra bed set up in there for her, so she can just make her choice. I expect that she'll probably be out of our bed for good (or, most of the time) by the end of this year We've got four other children who still co-sleep with no sign of moving out (7, 4, 7mos, 5mos). We have two family beds, as I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Proud6 katemomof7, What was DD 13 reaction and did any of the other children attend? Sarah was actually very calm about it; she was a soothing presence to have around. She was there when Anna had Anjelica four years ago, and Jayse seven years ago, so, it wasn't quite a novel event to her, although, obviously, it was different in the sense that I really did want her more "involved" than she was last time. While I...
I'm sort of just jumping in here, I suppose. I've seven children. :-) My last two were homebirths attended by my partners and our children. Very empowering, especially since my first birth had been a "conventional" birth in the hospital. There were just rushes of peace during the labors. And with my last one, I really wanted to show my eldest daughter, who is 13, what a natural process birth is...I don't want her head filled with ideas that pregnancy and labor are...
Hi there! I am Kate, from Western NY (south of Buffalo). I am a SAHM to 7 children. My "legal" husband David and I have been married for almost 16 years. We have also been in a committed polyamorous family unit for the past 11 years. I have given birth to three children, daughter Sarah is 13, son Jayse is 7, and daughter Melia is 7 months. Sarah was a hospital birth, and Jayse and Melia were homebirths attended to by our partner Anna. Anna has birthed four...