or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

I have five children (18 months to 8 yrs old). None of them sttn. It's just that the older ones take care of themselves when they wake, but they still wake up, if even just for a minute or two, or to go pee, get a sip of water, whatever. I tend the four yr old 3-4x a week, co-sleep with the 18 month old, and about once/month the 6, 7, and 8 yr olds will ask for my assistance. I love seeing my dc at night, actually. It's a bit of gravy added to the main course,...
Sweetheart, in my experience, the best thing, and the only thing that will convince you is what you already know is best for you. If that means co-sleeping, then great. If it means finding another arrangement, then great, too. Co-sleeping is really only the best when it serves everyone involved. That said, I am currently co-sleeping with an 18 month old who has been doing the same thing as you describe since the same age, and she often doesn't go to sleep at all until...
I have five children, and so far, it seems that each child develops a risk analysis ability and uses it according to his/her own understanding of genuine limitations, unless this process is hindered by outside influences of course. It also seems that outside influence can go in both directions in the case of my children.   I have a child for whom a rule had to be made when he was 18 months old, that he must not jump from higher up than the seventh stair, because it...
Quick update:   In addition to our 270 birds, we now have secured a piglet, and have found a wonderful dog, too. She's a border collie- german shepherd cross and better than finding gold. She's seven months old- perfect. We needed a dog to primarily watch over our children because we now have wild cats coming near- one was caught a few minutes down the highway on someone else's farm.   I include our livestock because it is better than money in that we need far...
  I was just talking about worm farming, lol. I was trying to figure out if it's better to do it myself, or to buy. If I could get them at the farmer's market for a decent price, I'd buy them. I have 270 birds to feed come the first week of May. :) Great idea, I think!    
Ds1 was hiiiiiigh needs (preemie that I cared for at home- alone), but the hardest transition after that was going from one to two. The rest have been a piece of kelp, regardless of hn. :) The third baby was a gelling experience for the first two, whose personalities are literally opposite, which was very, very obvious to everyone who knew/met them, right from the start (in MBTI and by observation > INTJ and ENFP).   So much is in the dynamic. I haven't found the...
 Thank you, Kathy. :)    
I wrote that in the event of a serious medical issue, coupled with a suspicious MD, that having not taken a child for "well-child" appointments, previously, would secondarily be added to a first charge, as medical neglect. I did not write, assert, or imply that cps actively seeks out anyone. I gave a hypothetical scenario to illustrate both my assertion and its context. My dc were not taken away even when we were reprimanded for refusing a tetanus shot for our ds, and it...
  It is true that choosing to not bring your infant in for "well-baby" visits (you know, to not bring your healthy infant/child into an office filled with infectious disease...) would be retrospectively held against you in a court IF something did happen to your child. For instance, if one of my dc had an accident (we live on a farm, and we do a lot of training and talking about the realities of tractors and livestock and other potential dangers in real time and as part...
Oh... so, like an empire.