or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

<<<< Uh. muh. gawd.   How do I abdicate???!
This happens to me pretty much every time I post about a concern. It's like my patience about the issue is just one day too short. I can have been observing something for a few months, then come to a point where I need to decide if it's going to be addressed more seriously, post about it, and the next day, the issue is resolved. So, I've started writing my concern down, then not posting or asking anyone. I now have a decent folder of personal writing pieces.  
  The only reasonable response from me to your latest reply is to point out that you have not made a single argument whatsoever. Your post consists of appeals to sympathy, appeals to authority, and (unhostile, but still) ridicule, rhetorical questions and questions that beg questions (usually, "by what standard" and "why?") without ever defining your terms or answering the questions you raise, as though the collective brain of the people will all close on the...
If it doesn't rely on natural law, then the standard can be absolutely anything, and of course people can (and do) use time and energy for utter frivolity if they please, taking from others what doesn't belong to them for the sake of seeing whether or not their accusation will be accepted in their court by whatever their standard.   But if the standard does not conform to natural law, then the whole thing is at least suspect, but overall, still a charade- a joke, and a...
The essential issue is freedom. Whether or not one person has an actual, innate right or even ability to accuse necessitates a standard, and that standard must be demonstrable through universally observable laws, if it is going to be anything other than a charade. So, all of this affects everyone in every aspect of life. Th connection is just ever-so-slightly below the surface, yet even visible through the layer that consists of the question posed in the title of the thread.
Okay, so I am not going to deal with each an every caricaturisation of non-governed society in your post. I will say that I really don't understand why you think that all people would suddenly stop caring about the wellbeing of all of the others in the absence of governing factions. People care about one another all the time, every day, and even spend their entire lives doing so as a primary occupation, and not because the government mandated it. Do you think that the...
Clearly, he is different. It's healthy for his emotions to be in alignment with what is real, even if and when that poses new challenges. Right now he is uncomfortable, but shame is more likely to come from denying himself as he actually is, than from recognising his uniqueness. He needs strategies for navigating his life, including the awkwardness of the social situation he is in.   It's not likely going to stop anytime soon, so trying to conjure inauthentic feelings to...
Please read the following with the trust that my intention is open discussion, and that my respect for those so-engaged is intact. :)     So you are saying that the same individuals who can be trusted to choose their government cannot be trusted to govern themselves?   Why is it automatic that if a person is free, s/he is suddenly depraved, incapable of self-restraint, un-self-motivated to compassion, organisation, and all of the qualities that are generally thought to...
The revolution should always be about pure freedom, nothing else. Freedom of the individual covers all of these issues, which is what I was referring to.   I didn't know about the specific situation that you described, but I agree completely with you; it's so much worse than absurd, and no lobby is going to deal with the root of that and every other problem like it. Demanding that the slave-master change his mind about some aspect of his treatment of his slaves, doesn't...