or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

I really know what you what you mean about supplementing. I hate it too. I've put so much effort into providing a traditional diet, which then evolved into a paleo diet at the end of last year, but it is clear that until and unless our geographical location changes to somewhere closer than the 34th parallel, D3 is going to be on the list. Magnesium, too, at least until the D3 is replete and we can re-evaluate with our diet.   It's so frustrating. But even moreso, was the...
I totally get that it's not simple. Revolutions never are, but they do happen, and they obviously require cooperative action from the people that is superior in every way to the force exerted by governing factions. I really, really get that it would take more than most Americans would be willing to risk (or even recognise); but that's how it got to where it's at to begin with, right? Frog-in-pot syndrome.   And it's maddening when it's the very individuals whose freedom...
Everything you mentioned is within range of a D+Magnesium deficiency.   The Vitamin D Council has a lot of info about all sorts of symptoms of deficiency. This is their sitemap. So, so many health and wellness issues are related to D3 deficiency, so at the very least, I would deal with that for a few months and then re-evaluate with the remaining symptoms, if there are any. The restorative and maintenance dose of D3 (in oil drops or oil capsules) is 1,000IU/25lbs of...
I meant the italicized part in an ultimate way. What I've understood is that the founding fathers of the USA assured your right to deal with things...   In Canada, things are not this way, but Americans do have the lawful right and ability to do what is necessary to ensure individual freedom. So, when hoards of Americans complain about the erosion of their freedom by government (and I completely agree that this is what is occurring), I just wonder, "Well deal with it....
Well, for us, neither parent is "unschooling" because we are not doing anything to our dc. They do what they do and we do what we do, each of us and altogether. Clear as mud, right?   Our situation presently is that I am home all of the time, and I'm working on a commission (book illustration) and when that's done, non-commissioned artwork and writing (amongst a long list of other things- there's an unjobbing tribe that addresses that part). My dp has a very chaotic...
I think that my labours' lengths were completely in-line with my state of mind.   I had two c/s with no labour.   My first labour (UC, ds3- 10lbs3oz): 9 hours, painless after the first hour, which was my transition from four weeks of nightly prodromal, and this began at 45 weeks. I had a lot of processing emotionally and mentally, as well as physically, so the pace was perfect for me. Until he was shooting out, he was high. I tore and then later had it stitched,...
You live in the United States of America. As far as I understand, it's up to you, and the rest of the people living there, how long and in what manner you will allow this to continue.  
I consider it my responsibility to stay home if me or my dc are not constitutionally strong enough to withstand encounters with wild viruses and ubiquitous bacteria. I would consider it my fault, or at least my responsibility, if my dc came home with an infection. I expect to encounter pathogens. I cannot imagine the case that a parent whose immunity-building regimen is not perfect (obviously it isn't if his/her child is ill) could launch against other people who...
My thoughts were chronic yeast overgrowth, dairy intolerance and grain damage.
I do have that urge, but unless I'm with people I know well, I don't say anything, except to my dp once we're not in the situation anymore.   I did once launch into a lecture on the nature of yeasts when a woman I used to know, and who ate pudding cups like they had their own food group, stated matter-of-fact-ly that her perpetual yeast issues were the result of her genetics, as in some people just have more yeast than others due to genetic constitution. I may have...