or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

Vitamin D3 in mct oil drops- 1000IU daily until one yr old, then 1000IU per 25lbs of body weight. No grain, no dairy-- no mucus
Greenacresmama, we did move to find a larger base population for many reasons, but the least of which was to generate income. For me, the likelihood of finding enough collectors for my art (my primary focus, though I have many close seconds) and dp's writing and music (his primary focuses) to support my family's needs, would definitely mean living in or near an enormous city, and we are not willing to do that. Instead, we moved to a major tourist area, and live 35...
I can regress the question even further by admitting that I find small-talk annoying, no matter what form or content. I'm not rude about it, but I know myself, my needs, and have had success with finding friends by deliberately not engaging in small talk. People who I'm likely to befriend are not likely the ones who would ask a question with no follow-up intentions, so I am polite when this happens, but I don't feel any sense of obligation or urgency to respond in any...
Lauriem, I wanted to encourage you and your daughter: the way she's feeling seems a lot more about being a creative person who's stuck, than a person in need of external motivation, like writer's block. I just recommended this book in another thread, and it does contain some non-p.c./generally judged to be "bad" language and content in places, but the author addresses what your dd is experiencing and calls it "weakened-mind anxiety." It's called Fearless...
I just wanted to add that I'm very supportive of and interested in the lives of people who do focus their family and activities on unschooling! I've learned so, so much from people who do this. It just occurred to me that my jest in my pp might be misunderstood as mockery or criticism. It totally isn't!!!   Please don't stop living out loud all you unschooling writers/bloggers, conference-go-ers and organisers, podcasters and public orators! My life has been dramatically...
Sweetpeppers, are you interested in square-inch gardening? Loads of plants in very little space. :) This is the method I'm using this year in our garden. It's around 20'x60', but we have seven people to feed and we want to harvest enough for the whole year. I'm also going to be doing lots of hanging planters and using the north-facing fence for climbers. I think it is also called French-intensive-gardening.
My dc are young, so it may be different, but like pp's, the only references to "unschooling" happen between dp and me when we're relating information from online or in books. Otherwise, like others, we just wake up every day and live. My children know that other children go to school, so if anything, they might see that as identifying others (not in a negative way, to be clear), but not going doesn't have an identity over here: its contentless. We don't attend...
Indeed.   Sore back? Send your kids to school! Introvert? Send your kids to school! Kid likes to sleep late, or early, or all the time? Send your kids to school! Don't like your job? Tired? Ambitious? House a mess? Don't have a house? Allergic to latex? SEND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL!   There. That fixes everything.
Do you live in the remote north of Canada? If not, can you move here?
Wow, Sweetpeppers, your story is inspirational! Do you presently work (for income) exclusively at toy-making?