or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

I think whether or not it will be a fit for your family depends entirely on whether or not you make it fit your family. In other words, it is what you make it. There is no proscription, so you try things and see whether you like them, if they benefit you, and then decide whether you will continue or change, or whatever. It is very much an actual journey- not a metaphorical one.   I get that there are parents for whom unschooling means child-led learning and thereby...
I don't put my infants down until they want to be. What I mean is that the baby is with me until *I* go to bed- in a carrier/wrap, in my arms, in my lap, nursing, whatever. This means that they have had a "bedtime" between midnight and 1am until they are around a year old, and clearly indicated a desire to sleep in the bed. Then, I end up in there for about an hour at their bedtime, for a while, and that reduces to just a few minutes over the course of a few months, and...
I appreciate that people have a need to feel and also be prepared for what they perceive as potential threats. For me, I am very concerned about the increasing power of government in my country. Charging off into the woods is not really a helpful strategy for my family, but leaving here altogether is, so that's what we're doing. I have a lot of concern about the cultural acceptance of neighbour policing that Canadians accept and enforce here (in the name of freedom, too!...
I was thinking that when I first became a mother, I didn't truly realise that the actions of others were not proscriptive for me. It was as if there were some obligation to keep unsuitable gifts and then somehow think that there were a finite number of possible gifts, so it was pretty urgent that none of the spots be filled with junk.   But that's not how it really is. It's not that the baby can only have ten toys and now that three of the available spots are taken...
Wow. I'd love to go to that. I think it's funny that it's in NH. :D I'd go to scope the place out for a homestead, too, but I'm reeeeeeally far away from there. Too bad.
My biological family has met four of my dc. They don't know or care about me or my dc, and I cut off contact with them 7 years ago (there was a visit during an acute situation with my father). There is no way I would have *my* family visit, but I wouldn't refuse loving interaction and genuine care from healthy parents. I have constructed a small group of non-biological family and while they know me well, and do respect my mothering, they don't always really know what my...
I have lived my whole life in Canada. Are there any specific interests you'd like addressed? I don't know what it's like to immigrate, but I do know a fair bit about this country. :)
I posted a list of things we're starting, presently doing, or planning to do on page four, #65, if you are interested. :)   I have no new updates after the commission (still working at it- everything's due by the end of March), and waiting on city decision about the signs.   In the meanwhile, I've begun learning HTML programming, figured out how to use GIMP and I'm working with some other open source software, because I want to build my own site for all my stuff!...
Also freedom-boobed here! I stopped wearing one in 1998, started again for a while when pg with ds4, and have worn camis since. I get very cold if I don't wear a cami, especially because they keep me covered up while I nurse. :)   I was a 36DD when I wore a bra, and being on my fifth nursling, my breasts are healthy, firmer and perkier than ever before! I'm also much, much smaller than when I wore bras. I stopped wearing a bra when I developed breast-concentrated...
This. :)