or Connect

Posts by PreggieUBA2C

And relaxing your jaw/mouth, then exhaling and sputtering like a horse is quite effective as well. I'm not joking. This is what my massage therapist recommended and it helped then and I still do it occasionally when I'm sore. Facial massage is key for me as is having a neck roll for sleeping that I tuck under my neck to keep it curved properly. Long trips in the van are terrible if I don't have that support. Hugs, mama; I know that pain well. It sucks. I read that...
I have kept ours in cardboard boxes without any issues- but they have always been in closets in our living areas, never a garage or basement, so I don't know if that helps. That, and as you can see from my signature, there really hasn't been all that much 'storage' time anyway...
Thanks! I read the update article and I am still concerned that a potential solution to this virus' debilitating effects is to alter bees' physiology to include the virus in their genomes. Does further 'messing' with nature seem to be a reasonable solution given our track record thus far? I am personally more inclined to investigate the immune systems of the bees and eliminate whatever is disabling them--- of course, I'm not the one who stands to lose profit from an...
I also wouldn't worry about it. Our boys have and still all do that with different foods at different times (except the babe, of course). I worry less about it after reading WAPs article on the subject (on the foundation's site). If I recall correctly, he wrote that young children really need a lot of fats, dense foods like butter, cheese, yogurt, milk, and yams, potatoes, meats, etc, but what they don't digest well enough to warrant forcing them to eat are vegetables. As...
Quote: Originally Posted by meowee Personally I think it is viral, brought in from Australia, and not necessarily due to modified crops or pesticides; It may be, of course, but what concerns me about that is that they are DYING from a virus (if that's the case)! They have immune systems, so why are they not fighting this off, and what about the entymological studies that showed blackened guts and hosts of parasites? Why is the honey left and not...
I googled 'vanishing bees' and clicked on a YouTube presentation that seemed interesting, also watched the 60 minutes piece and am now a bit bewildered. It just seems like there are a lot of things going on in the world that there doesn't seem to be a way to fix- even if the entire human population gathered together to change it. Am I off-base there? I mean, along with mono-cropping and sterilizing our seeds and plants via genetic modification including splicing animal...
Maybe someone could educate me on the ecological ramifications of this. My first thoughts are that without bees, there would be widespread famine, initially, then worse because each plant that dies from age/sickness will not be replaced by a younger one since no or little cross-pollination has taken place. What else does this work? Butterflies, bats, other delicate and disappearing creatures? We had to take our dc to a conservatory two years ago just so they could see...
I don't know about the nutritional information, but we used to eat quail eggs as well (we live far out of quail egg territory now). They were hand gathered by a lady I met at the farmer's market and she told me her quails were free-range, orchard birds that just hung out wherever they felt like on her property, eating bugs etc... Anyway, the difference in flavour was quite surprising and welcome! I never did anything with them than to boil them, peel them and serve them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lily Eve He's also been interested in adult food from about 2 weeks on. At first I thought it must just be my imagination, but it wasn't. His eyes would track the food on my utensil until it hit my mouth and then he would start making smacking sounds with his lips and wiggling his tongue around in his mouth. He's been doing this ever since then and now that he can grab things desperately tries to take hold of whatever we're...
Quote: Originally Posted by thepeach80 My son is 4.5yo and still has some room in his Radian. When you measured your oldest's torso, did you do bum to shoulders? You don't want to measure all the way to his head. AJ's torso is just under 16". Your 4.5yo will be safer harnessed than in a booster. A booster isn't even an option for AJ full time until he's 6. Then again, if his torso really is that long, you won't have any other options. I measured...