or Connect

Posts by zoe196

argh, I could have written the OP's post. I have had the day off today, childfree and there is so much I coulda/woulda/shoulda done. Instead I have mooched about all day, relaxing but feeling guilty at the same time. I feel like for me, I don't like being all strict and authoritarian with myself but then it slides into apathy/laziness/inertia. And I feel so much better when I am NOT living in chaos. Chaos is not a place I thrive. maybe someone can shed some light--...
I was convinced my baby was a girl-- dreamed about a girl, came up w. girl names...I had no doubt... and had a boy. If I had had a girl I would be out there saying I knew for sure etc but it's possible to be wrong! And whatever you think or guess you are having you have a 50/50 chance... Zoe, mama to Thomas 1/06
my little guy just turned 4 and has had no probs whatsoever. Zoe
interesting thread. I was terrified about giving birth and while pregnant I heard many birth stories-- i tried to collect as many positive birth stories as possible, to kind of immerse myself in the possibility of a joyful birthing experience. I found people more willing to share bad experiences then good and the rare good ones I heard I tried to really embrace them as a potential outcome for my own pregnancy. I know things can and do go wrong but I believe hearing the...
Aw mama, what a crappy situation. I only have a minute to reply and you are probably going to think I'm a little wierd for latching on to this one little thing in your whole post-- but your mother saying she would "disown you" if you had another child out of wedlock... she doesn't OWN you to be able to DISown you. Her love and presence in your (and your child(ren)'s lives shouldn't be conditional. I think this is too much like my own issues for me to offer you the...
I'll buy it if you write it! I don't know of anything geared toward kids-- I kind of hope that by living with a permaculture mama, my kiddo will learn that way-- I see permaculture as mostly (not so) common sense and it's unfortunate that we (humans) have deviated so far off the path of common sense that it takes something like permaculture to guide us back. Zoe, mama to Thomas 1/06
thanks for the replies! I suspected it was going to be raised beds but thought I'd check... Zoe, mama to Thomas 1/06
just want to wish you luck...I believe it can be done but I killed mine last year. Zoe, mama to Thomas 1/06
hi all, I have just moved to a new area and I'm allowed to plant a garden but the soil is heavy clay and covered in brambles...there are also TONS of rabbits around here-- and possibly deer although I hope the latter won't be a problem... anyway, I have access to leafmold, and chalk galore from nearby as well as rabbit poo and I'm wondering if I did (dug in) a mulch with chalk/ compost and covered with leaves/ cardboard until the spring whether I'd end up with...
having been bullyed at school myself I can say what a horrific experience it was and how much it has impacted my whole life. My heart goes out to your son and to you. I hope you get the help you need to cope with this. The play therapy suggested my a pp sounds great as does the possibility of returning to the old school-- if your son needs to be challenged more intellectually could he perhaps skip a grade or have independent projects that provide the challenge? ...