or Connect

Posts by ck1

My husband and I are at odds.  I hate the word "dookie," but my husband persists in telling my son, "Did you go dookie?" "Are you dookie-ing?"  I have this fear our son will be in public and announce, "I just dookied!" and everyone will look at him like, "Excuse me?"  I prefer poo-poo.  What do you think?  Agree or disagree on the usage?  Our son is currently 17 months old and doesn't say either at the moment.
springbride that sounds good.  I'll have to remember that.    DS is 17 months and he does the falling on the floor tantrum, but it's very short, and sometimes it's just cute (though we try not to smile and laugh).  He's moved a bit away from this to just going limp in your arms if you need him to do something and start crying.  We tend to either leave him on the floor to cry for a minute (it's always brief), or pick him up and tell him this is not a choice (like if...
DS is 17 months old and uses a sleepsack at night and a little blanket that most people have when their little one's were little (you know, those thin one's by Carter's with little ducks or cars on them).  I was thinking about giving him a little comforter, but not sure at what age you can do this?  I heard you should use cotton blankets since they are breathable, so that's an option, too.  Just wondering when I can give him a proper blanket that I can tuck him under. ...
Oh Deanna... I'm sorry to hear about your story!  That's what's wrong with healthcare and hospitals, not to get into it because it can get people fired up... but it's a business and it's a frustrating one at that.  As if you needed the extra stress!   I've enjoyed listening to other stories about bringing DS into the hospital delivery room.  It's nice to hear how it could possibly work.  It's an option I'll think about, I'll find out if DS can be there when I go for...
  Thanks for your suggestions and stories: it’s helped to ease my concerns and worries and to think of ideas.  I think we’ll come up with a list of possible people to help in different circumstances.  Funny, but I totally didn’t think about someone else putting DS to bed.  We have a very nice bedtime routine so I don’t know how he’ll do; but I think it’s more my concern than hisJ   Yes, certainly do not was DS with us during the delivery.  DS is very active and I...
  Well I have a brother but we'll get to that...   Both my and DH's family live out of town and will not be here when baby #2 arrives.  So the concern is who do we leave our son with?    What we've thought about so far is... my brother is available in a pinch, but he works irregular hours (day and night) and may not be available when the baby arrives.  We also live in a neighborhood with a lot of young yuppies who we wouldn't feel comfortable leaving our son...
  DS is 16 months old and only uses a pacifier for naps and bedtime; meaning he gets them when he's in his crib and before he gets out he has to surrender them, which he does happily!  He is quite attached to his binkies for sleeping though; I sometimes think they are his loveys.     I know he'll need to give them up sometime, but I'm not sure when to do this.  For one, we are expecting baby #2.  I thought about explaining that his new baby brother or sister will...
Thank you.  I've enjoyed reading the responses. In some cases my son sounds easygoing!      I do feel like we haven't spoiled him, we'll, we love him a lot and give him, I think, healthy attention, but from day one he's had this personality and I don't think we had much to do with it other then allow for him to blossom into who he is.  I told this to my mom, who I think is just out of touch with how babies/children are (I'm certain this is why they don't visit often,...
I agree.. NO WAY!  We did Wholegrain Oatmeal over Rice Cereal.  I mixed bananas and steamed apples with it,  And because we just were crazy at the time, I made it extra chunky and just plopped it on his tray and let him go to town using his hands (he refused to let us feed him until he was 9 months old).  You should see the pictures --- what a mess!!!!!  But he's smiling in all of them, and of course he's wearing one of those full coverage plastic bibs (still didn't...
DS started walking at 9 months but we used Robeez with him since he was six months old with socks just to keep his feet warm, and to get used to wearing shoes one day; he liked it. When he first started walking and was still wobbly we kept him in the Robeez. When we decided to switch to hard soles was when he walked well enough to walk in the shallow river with rocks. So at 11 months we bought his first pair of hard soled shoes but went back and forth with soft soles and...