or Connect

Posts by ck1

Thank you for the posts I know this, I know this is just the way my son is, but you know how mother's can sometimes make you feel inadequate. I used a sling with my son a lot when he was little, he hated the stroller (still does - since he's walking he doubly hates the stroller). I know my Mom would be beside herself pointing to THAT as the reason my son is so hyper and not just crawling up to every person he meets to have them hug and hold them. Mental note to...
Our 16 month old son has always been active, even in the womb he was a mover. After he was born he has been go-go-go. He hit all of his milestones early and walked right at 9 months so that by 16 months he often gets mistaken for an older child (not that he's big, he's average height but on the low end for weight, always has been, he's just very coordinated). *I just wonder if I've done enough to foster his ability to sit quietly. *I mean, he will go outside and pick up...
Some of you may recall the post I made in January titled "Need to vent about my psychotic friend experience... ". I appreciated everyone's advice and felt really empowered. Well, I told you she would start contacting me again as if nothing had happened. So far I've received a text message (that I didn't read), a phone call, she said she was sending me an e-mail but I changed my e-mail address, and I just got another text message. The one voicemail I got she sounded...
No and Yes. DS was all ready sleeping through the night but woke up at 6 a.m., maybe a bit before. During the day he nursed a lot and would wake up ravenously hungry. Starting solids coincided with his activity level increasing and I think it helped him sleep longer, waking up at 7 or 7:30, and not nearly as hungry.
Thanks for your advice and honest feedback; from those saying I’m being unreasonable, to those saying not at all. I’m trying to look at it from both perspectives. Here’s how I feel about it: Like you’ve said, it depends on the relationship you have. My parents live overseas and have visited once since DS was born. They’re not really into the “baby” stage but love seeing pictures, videos, hearing him on the phone, and knowing how he’s progressing. They plan more...
… MIL lives out of town (10 hours away). Since DS was born (he's 8 1/2 months now) she's visited or we visited (once), a total of 5 times. MIL sent an e-mail to me, and told DH that she hoped to plan another trip soon (read: next month). I'm torn. This is her first grandbaby and she doesn't live near by, so whenever she visits she stays with us. We live in a small house, so the last time she visited she brought an air mattress and slept downstairs, which was nice of...
DS is a little over 8 months old and he's been teething pretty badly for a week and half now. I haven't seen any bump or tooth... until today! I have to say, he hasn't made looking easy, but apparently I was looking in the wrong place. I was expecting his front teeth to come in first, but now I see and feel the red swollen bulge where his upper cuspids (canine) teeth will be. Boy was I surprised to see this! Is this unusual? Are they more fussy when it's the top...
Thanks. That's just what I needed to hear. I swear something should pop through any day now the way he's acting, but still nothing. I know it's got to be frustrating for him to feel this way. Maybe it's the top two teeth, which is why I can't see it, and why he's so fussy. Is it always the bottom teeth that come in first?
DS is 8 months old and has been seriously teething for a week now. Of course, he's been teething off and on for months, but this time it's different. He's cranky / fussy, wants to chew on everything, but he's not drooling as bad as he has in the past, and when I take my finger to rub his gums, which he used to LOVE, suddenly he pushes me away like a knee-jerk reaction, and starts fussing, so I assume his gums hurt. He wants to suck his Binkie a lot more than usual, too. ...
Thanks. Good advice. I was just coming back to get the title of that book to check out at the library. Definitely sounds like a book I need to read!