or Connect

Posts by ck1

Quote: My kid is crazy lol... he learned to pull up & walk. Then after that he learned to crawl. Then he learned to sit up!! LOL That's funny! Thanks for sharing your experience. At least now I know I'm not crazy thinking he's going to crawl well before he figures out how to sit himself up, I don't even see him making an effort, but he's all over the place trying to crawl.
Just curious.... my son can sit up, but not without me setting him down in the sitting position. He's currently working on crawling and can get up on all fours. He can make a move to crawl but will roll over. Someone was telling me he won't be able to crawl until he can sit up on his own. Is this true? It sure looks like he's going to crawl any day now, but I don't see him going from a prone to sitting position just yet, but maybe it works that way. What was your...
My son has drool rash and it’s getting out of hand. I don’t think we’re at the stage we need to see a doctor, but we need something effective. For now I’ve been using Motherlove Nipple Cream, but since he has his hands in his mouth all the time and rubbing on toys, it just comes off. I've been trying to just use it at bed time and naps. It was suggested I use vasoline, but I’m worried about him ingesting it, is it really safe? I heard Lansolin nipple cream works good...
Okay. Still not going well. We've tried avocado, squash (thought it was carrots, they look the same), and then sweet potatoes. The avocado and sweet potatoes I made. DS will watch me when I eat and reach for my food, but when I give him some of his food he hates it! One day I let him just play with the food, and often I'll let him touch it and rub it, even doing this he hates the texture and looks like he's going to gag even though he hasn't eaten any of it. I...
Thank you for all of the suggestions and encouragement. We gave it a rest yesterday and decided to try something new today; it's been 4 days since we started the avocado. We'll probably go with carrots. I think he's ready for solids because when I watched the video (of course we took video!) he does open his mouth and doesn't push the food out with his tongue. He just gags, opens his mouth and refuses to swallow while making some incredibly funny grossed-out faces. Oh...
DS is 6 months old and goes about 3-4 times a day. Some days it's more or less. I wouldn't worry so much unless the color changes dramatically.
DS is 6 months old and we just started him on solids (he's EBF). For his first food we chose avocado because it has good fats and is good for him! Well, we tried it the first time a couple days ago and that didn't go so well. We put it aside and gave it a day before trying again today. The poor kid took one whiff and looked like he was going to puke. We managed to give him three spoon tastes but his face said it all: GROSS, GROSS, GROSS, HACK, YOU'RE KILLING ME! ...
I'm staring at my 5 month old's video monitor and noticing he's already stuck in the corner. Once in awhile this happens. He creeps to the end of his crib with his head and body against one side and appears trapped. Should I move him if he cries? Or should I leave him to fuss a bit and fall back asleep, assuming he doesn't look contorted or in pain? The problem is that if I go in to move him he realizes Mommy is here and doesn't go right back to bed. So should I...
Sophie is a hit with my son, and I really dispise buying stuff that everyone has just to have it, too. DH lost it on Saturday! DS had to deal with a replacement, and boy did he look sad. DH said DS really wasn't all that excited about Sophie, so he could do without it. But turns out someone (who probably didn't realize what that plastic giraffe was worth) turned it into lost and found. When DH came home with it, cleaned it off, and handed it to DS, DH saw how...
What gives? DS has had bad gas this week, but only at bedtime. I found out for the tough gas, if I nurse DS and then lean back in the rocking chair, hike up his left leg, and basically have him do tummy time on my stomach, he'll pass the gas quite quickly. He usually screams a bit, then is all happy, and falls asleep on me. BUT, I'm not sure where this is coming from. I'm breastfeeding and haven't really eaten anything different, and I cut out dairy long ago....