or Connect

Posts by ck1

Just a question: my DS is 8 weeks old and we just bought a glider to rock him to sleep (we tried not to get one, but realized he likes to be rocked to sleep). But now I'm rocking him while I nurse, even when he might not be tired yet, whereas before I'd nurse him and then rock him to sleep on the glider out on our deck. Is this a bad habit? Should I nurse him stationary, then when he starts to nod off rock him? Or is it fine to rock him the entire time? I worry...
Thanks for the support and responses. Last night I ended up giving DS a bath at 7 p.m. and nursing him for the first time while lying in bed. It worked! He slept so peacefully. What's great, is I read many of your responses this morning that said to do this I was able to slip away and get some things done, since I had been holding him all day; I never had an opportunity to place him down for a nap because I usually wait 15- 30 minutes to be sure he's fully asleep,...
Our 6 week old DS has suddenly forgotten how to sleep... or else we don't know how to help him sleep. Firstly, our DS has pretty much been a good night sleeper for weeks. He usually goes to bed around 9 - 11 p.m. and sleeps until 1:30 - 3:00 a.m. depending on when he went to bed, nurses and goes right back to bed until 5 or 6 a.m. During the day it's always been a problem, he rarely naps no matter how much we try... except if he's in the car. Now suddenly, the...
Hi! Thank you for the replies! I took DS to the LC on Monday and that LC wasn't very good. She said he's fine, he's just little so keep using the nipple shield; she kept poking him to keep him sucking and constantly readjusted him, it was so painful for my nipples! The problem is an hour later he took only an ounce of milk, if that, and the LC saw nothing wrong with that. I paid out of pocket to see another LC on Tuesday and it was soooo worth it! They really...
Help me! I'm a new Mom to a 1 week old boy. I have flat nipples (though not so much now that my milk came in). The hospital LC gave me nipple shields to use because DS couldn’t latch. Still, DS wasn't getting enough milk and lost weight, enough for concern. We supplemented at the hospital with formula, and when we got home we used breast milk and formula. LC came to the house and helped get DS latched and not supplementing at all, but the nursing was long. Since...
Say your water breaks but you don't start contractions: how long can you wait until you need to be induced? 24 hours because of infection? Say you start contractions but your water doesn't break: should you let them break your water or wait it out? (It's got to break on it's own as the baby comes out - right / wrong?) Does it make it more difficult for the baby if the water hasn't broken? Or diffiuclt for you? Personally I'd prefer to wait as long as I can...
I swear by Dermatone Herbal Insect Repellent: http://www.rei.com/pwr/product-revie...ay-4-7-oz.html Purchased here: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...CS_010=68839WC It really works! Keep in mind that repelling mosquitoes is about confusing their ability to pick up your CO2 output. We live on the river and have horrible mosquitoes. Just to go outside I have to put on a long sleeve shirts and pants in 90 degree heat or I'll get bit. I use this repellent...
My doctor just told me about that: if there hasn't been any movement, after eating count the kicks within 2 hours and if none go to the hospital. I'm glad to hear that rule was used AND everything turned out fine. What a relief! : Sorry you had to go through that.
That's so cute!!!! I pushed on the side of my belly and it pushed back; I think it was a foot, but I don't know. Can't wait to share the same experience
Good question BlueWolf... what is absolutely needed? We don't live far from the hospital so DH can easily head home to pick-up stuff if needed. I like the idea of having a basket that you kind of toss things into as you remember them. My memory is getting short, thank goodness for my iPod calendar and list features, I have to look at it everyday to figure out what / where I'm supposed to be. This month I sent my credit card payment to the wrong bank! Luckily I...