or Connect

Posts by ck1

That happened to me at 23 weeks I was gaining weight steadily, and then 2 1/2lbs up the next two weeks! (I really felt the baby grow because he was stretching me out more). The next two weeks I didn't gain anything, and this week I put on a pound. I think it all evens out... can't say I wasn't freaking out though, because I hadn't done anything different and thought there's still a lot of weeks to go... how big am I going to get!
Okay... problem solved... I went back to see my friend last week and canceled our lunch; surprise, surprise, she's all back to normal, and "How's everything going? Sure that’s okay." Like her mood the day before was just my imagination I have concluded my friend has "issues" and I'm moving on . It’s not an easy decision but I absolutely feel comfortable with it, which makes it's the right decision. I also know it’s not over because I’ll probably have to talk to her...
Hello… Well… I went over and saw my friend today to ask if she would like to go to lunch next week. She barely even looked at me and didn’t talk to me about anything. Every question I asked was just, “Yeah. Okay,” while she focused on work and acted really dejected. So now I’ve gone from one extreme to the other; if I’m not letting her have her way then she’s not going to talk to me?! I’m actually angry about it, to the point where I want to cancel our lunch...
bodhitree thank you, that's a great way to start the conversation! I really appreciate the suggestion and will use it. To answer some of the questions HadhratKhadija asked: she has never been married. She has three sisters, all with kids of their own, and she's very close to them (though there's always some drama going on). She stays pretty busy with her kid’s activities, extended family, and work, and she does have a lot of other friends. The only difference I...
I've really appreciate your responses. I’ve thought about this and decided I need to talk to my friend, but I need some help with how to go about it. I thought I would wait until it happens again – the tummy touch, the overly involved questioning, the gushing – which will be the next time we see each other. I thought I’d start by saying how overwhelmed I’ve felt by her involvement in my pregnancy (is that good?). I don’t want to rehash details of old incidents if I...
Thank you for all of your comments. It’s nice to feel supported. I struggled with this for a while and wanted to post something sooner, but just didn’t know what to make of it. I did stop telling my friend about my pregnancy awhile back, after the first incident. I actually stopped talking to her all together, partly because I felt inadequate, that whatever I was deciding or not deciding was wrong. I also thought I’d put some space between us. But she stops by...
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the update. I'll be sending lots of good wishes!!!
Does anyone else have a friend that changed after you told them you were pregnant? And I don’t mean they became withdrawn because you got pregnant and they didn’t; but rather, they become overly attached! I have a friend like this and I don’t know what to do. A little background: my friend was my maid of honor at my wedding, she has two kids, and we’ve been friends for over ten years. She’s also a co-worker but not a “co-worker friend.” We rarely see each other at...
Thanks! I thought the Moses Basket was a bit much, but thought I'd ask anyway. The bedbug thing looks really cool, too, I think we might just get that instead. We have a large bed (Cal. King) so we have room, and I'm a light sleeper, DH is just a "regular" sleeper - not too hard, not too light. I'm not really worried about rolling over onto the baby. I'm more worried about one of our cats running across the baby or sitting on him. I know that's a wives tell, but you...
We're planning to co-sleep, not sure how long, but safe to say at least a month. Should we get a Moses Basket to put between us, or this co-sleeper: http://www.target.com/First-Years-Cl...sleeper&page=1 I don't want to purchase both. Thank you!!