or Connect

Posts by MidgeMommy

Yea, I'm kicking my two-three a day habit, and I've been indulging once every four days or so. In my experience, caffeine headaches can last three days, but they shouldn't get worse, they should lighten each day. I agree with blissful_maia, however, I have also heard statistics that pretty convincingly relate high caffeine intake (300+ mg a day) with premature labor in multiple pregnancies and women with a history of premature labor. So, if I find out I'm having...
I would have done it. And I have been planning a run on JCPenney's, they are having a huge sale on office-wear, too....
Blissful Maia, June 4th is my birthday!!! WOoo! Congrats, and I discovered last Friday that I'm preggo, too!! After a mysterious UTI (which I also had with my first pregnancy, and haven't had one since) and some serious bloating, I tested despite thinking that it was just my cycle being off. I think I'm due May 15th, but I didn't feel myself ovulate, and haven't for the last four months. ( my cycle went crazy, dropped down to 21 days long, and then I guess righted...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1growingsprout DH and I decided we ARE NOT giving gifts this year other then to close friends ( 2 families who are like 'family' to us that help us almost daily with the kids) Our families can whine and complain all they like. The holidays are way too stressful and hard on the finances to be trying to please everyone. Our kids come first. Those who have helped us over the year will also recieve a SMALL token present, hand...
Tomatoes (or any produce) rotting and falling off attracts other critters who will eat the tomatoes, ripe, rotten, or not. So, really, it's in is best interests to get rid of them as SOON AS POSSIBLE, so he doesn't attract the scavengers of the night. I like to think that people who grow food in their gardens are generally nice, well-meaning, and generous. Who would devote the time to gardening if they weren't at least patient? He's probably super nice, and who...
I'm reviving this thread, those lists are CRUCIAL to my christmas planning! This year, we are doing the 12 days of Christmas, including the Dicken's Faire, Christmas Craft fair (less than five miles from us), light-hunting, Putting up the tree, a soup kitchen or something similar, donating a christmas basket, and maybe giving out cookies/care packages to our rather large homeless population. I will probably harass the swap boards for christmas gifts, I can't make...
I'm in Norcal, too.....does that mean I can plant all that, as well?? I would LOVE a winter garden! Especially all the yummy things you listed...Wow.....Tell me more!
That's hilarious. My DD is the opposite; food/drink/nursing are all 'milk,' although milkies are ALWAYS acceptable, as long as they are followed by the food/drink that she originally requestes. :
When we started nighttime EC(we only did it for a few weeks, I'll get to why) the reason we did was that DD was getting diaper rash from the MASSIVE amount of wetness. The sposie would be BURSTING! The second night we EC'ed, she peed three times. I was taking her all the way o the bathroom, though, because she wouldn't pee on the potty, only standing in the bathtub. The Third, two. After a few weeks of up and down between 1-3 pees a night, she tapered off to 1. Because...
Quote: Originally Posted by srs Question about this - is it safe to leave a child that age "alone" in the bathroom? I'm assuming the door would be open, but I'm afraid to try this with my DD, who is also a private pooper more often than not, just because I'm afraid she'd drown in the toilet or something. Or play in it, at the very least. To the OP: We were later starters (almost 7 months), but I think EC is as much or as little as you make it in your...