or Connect

Posts by bender

We use a diaper sprayer on our cloth and then wash in a front loader. I haven't had an issue with poop smelling diapers. I wash in hot, with the extra dirt cycle enabled.
I'd stick baby in a laundry basket, put the basket in the bathroom and take a shower. The noise of the fan and shower would calm him down. The shower made me feel better. If he wouldn't stop crying, I'd bring him in the shower with me.
In SF bay area, we paid $100 for a guy to do the lawns for a rental property. It was a duplex with smallish yards.
I was planning on going camping with a 4 week old, but I had a lot of issues with milk supply, so we cancelled it because camping isn't conducive to pumping. I also felt kinda crappy, even 4 weeks out. For me, I was more comfortable at home, with my familiar things. But you'll have a house, probably your own room, and all the conveniences of home. It sounds like it wouldn't be too stressful; I'd probably make plans to do it now, but be flexible if you need more rest...
I'm excited about trying finger painting with my son. I found a recipe for cornstarch finger paints that are edible, and am going to make it for him in a few months (when the weather is warmer and we can do it outside).
Mine does it too, so you aren't alone. He'll start crawling, and then start crying, because he really wants to be asleep, but he's crawling instead of sleeping. My husband used to sleep walk as a child, so we were thinking it might be some hereditary thing.
Will a baby be able to put him/herself to sleep independently without sleep training of some sort? Is there a developmental time that it's more likely to happen? A lot of my friends have sleep trained their kids, and I'm feeling sort of envious because their kid STTN and mine doesn't (especially my BIL's newest baby, who is younger and sleeps better than my 10 month old. sigh)
No tips, but I know what that's like.
I would just worry that not pumping at work would lower your supply (but I have supply issues). Can you just pump what you can, send it, and if he needs more, use formula? That way he's maximizing breastmilk input, and you aren't going nuts trying to pump enough each day. Plus, as he gets bigger, he can eat more solids, so what you pump might be enough.
I fixed my organization problem by getting an upright freezer. :-p