or Connect

Posts by mexicali mami

Believe it or not a 2/2/3 would be a great alternative to the the non-schedule we have now.  DS generally wants to be with his dad and I allow that so I get whatever leftovers his dad can't do because of work and fill in all the odd gaps say from 645am till school and the 2-3 days to almost make it a 50/50.  I need to get more firm about needing a better schedule but it always starts a fight and I have more work flexibility to be there when he can't.  I think my ideal...
Also interested in the answer.  I have heard from several people lately about how the ideal business is a home computer based business but I really have no idea where to start or what to do.
Just wanted to add that my son prefers his father too.  We are separated for over six months and he continually asks to spend more time with his dad.  I read your post with sympathy and hope that it is a stage he will soon grow out of.  The hardest part is not taking it personally, and continually striving to do your best.
Me too! I was doing so well and now I'm at the point where I just need a total diet/lifestyle overhaul.  One of the best things you can do is add a green smoothie to your diet.  I remember when I first started drinking them daily it helped me make other healthful changes as well.    A 30 day cleanse of all sugar, alcohol, and grains would be great too but that may be a little ambitious for me right now.  Sometimes it;s easier to add something good, than take away...
Be strong Delfina.  You know you deserve better.  I know it's hard and painful just get tough.  He's holding you back from a great life..it's out there, waiting for you.    You can do it.  Lock your doors and your heart.  Remember that you are setting an example for your son.  You both deserve so so so much more.   Besos.
I've been thinking about getting a roommate a lot recently due to financial constraints.  After reading that post it seems like I might be better  just getting a cheaper place somewhere else.  Or getting a new job.  I had great roommate experiences in college.  But now with a son and at 33 years old....might not be that cool.
I was in a similar situation and I really wanted it to work because we were best friends too.  I thought I could handle it and I told my sister that I was trying to be OK with the whole situation.  She said her resolution for 2011 was to not try and be OK with things that were not OK with her.  I think that's great advice.  If you are truly OK with it, maybe you wouldn't have had to ask.  I wouldn't work towards accepting something that for you is unacceptable.  In my...
I know that feeling.  I would try some flower essences, sometimes a quick cold shower can change your mood.  A B-complex vitamin will give you a little burst of energy if you feel run down.  If you are snapping a lot, perhaps limit your caffeine.  If it goes on for a while, or even if you are spiraling in and out of depression, it's time to see a therapist.  I can't tell you how much it's helped me to get a third party opinion and help me see things the way they really...
Thank you for answering me on Christmas.  It's a very hard job you have. I appreciate your empathy and sincerity.  I have to be totally honest here.  With no disrespect, and remembering I am in a deep pit of despair and perhaps asking too much.  I don't feel much help from your answer.  It was a very long and nice way of saying be true to yourself.  Which is what I could read in any one of the self-help books lining my shelves.  I need something more specific.  There's...