or Connect

Posts by SmoothieChoco

Dp and I have decided to continue our breed search after accepting your words of advice against a Jack Russell Terrier. We are looking at this breed for the first time, and are hoping some people here wouldn't mind telling us of their experiences and opinions of them.
Dp and I are wanting to build a wasp catcher for our garden. We plan on using a large soda bottle. Cutting it 2 inches from the top, making 2 pieces. Placing the top piece then into the larger piece upside down. So the wasps get in through the top that way. KWIM?? Our problem is not knowing what exactly to put inside the bottle to attract the wasps, AND KILL them. We know sugar water attracts them fine but they aren't likely to drown in it, as they fly into drinks...
Thank you for all the kind words and advice Barking too often will be a problem for our neighbours, we are looking into a citronella bark control collar and the idea of filling a bottle with coins and shaking it loudly every time the dog barks. Hopefully these ways can successfully train the dog not to bark so much. Unfortunately the cavalier is out due to the severe health problems it's almost 100% sure to suffer from. Right now we are researching these breeds we...
Yes we wish we could get a larger dog, especially my dp, he loves the appearance of large dogs. Something about them impresses him If we could have any breed, he would most definately like to own a huge Saint Bernard! However he's more responsible than that. He realises we need to get the right breed for our family, not the one he likes the most regardless of things involved with taking care of it. These are our 13 reasons to get a small breed: smaller body...
Dp and I are re-thinking our breed decision on a Cocker Spaniel. The reason is I still feel they are too large. Back to the breed information sites.. Any favourite smaller breeds you recommend we look into?
Unsure if it's okay to write about this here. I just spent some time on you-tube watching animal cruelty video clips to see how bad it really is I guess. I've seen a lot of it before, however I saw about animal fur for the first time, and I'm crying because of it I could not finish watching the clip, worried I'm going to have a panic attack now, dp is out. Horrific, I don't know what more to say besides how can people do it? I feel so helpless and full of hate for these...
Thank you very much! A rescue dog is strong possibility, otherwise yes we shall search for a good breeder. Should the rescue know if their dogs are from good breeders or not? Is that something we need to be concerned about?
Sorry I should have said at the beginning, ENGLISH cockers I meant. Were the above comments focused on the English or American breed? theKimballs we've found in our research they are very different too. We will be reading all the links in this thread, thank you for those.
is the dog for us....we're about 90% sure right now. What do you think about this breed? Avengingophelia we're curious to know which extra large breeds you were going to recommend for us?
We really need some help with evening meals. Dp works all day so I'm the family cook, and I hate it to be honest. Im very lazy in the kitchen I confess. But we are sick of pasta cereals toast soups and sandwiches! I read somewhere there might be a thread on here about cooking only once a week and freezing a weeks worth of meals, can anyone give me the link for this please? I can't stand cooking every day so it would really help a lot. Also I read about a thread where...