or Connect

Posts by Paxjourney

a. Who you are Hi I'm Pax 30 (this month) wife of 9yrs to my amazing husband. SAHM/WAHM of a 7.5 yr old and a 4.5yr old. I provide childcare to a friend's child 2 days a week and I am paid $240 a month for it. I'm also a nurse but am currently not working in my field. b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Dh is currently on an extended business trip out of state. We are on month 5 of a 9mo trip. Its been long but the upside is that we should beable to pay off...
thats a good point. I guess I'm thinking books, supplies, activities... but I hadn't thought of including my girls gymnastics in the homeschooling budget but it could be considered P.E. hmm
We start homeschooling this year. I'm trying to figure out what to expect cost wise. I know there are tons of free things, looking out for deals etc. What I'm wondering is after doing all the usualy save a dime stuff how much are you spending a year and if possible how does it breakdown. We are hoping to breakeven on what we pay a month for DD2's pre-school tuition. That way the cost of homeschooling is already "in" the budget. Thanks
They sell alot more items than just TTO and Cleaning products. They have a whole line of make up from Nicole Miller, A full line of shampoos, lotions, tooth paste aswell as fist aid supplies, and other over the counter medication. Vitamins aswell as some food items. I like there candles aswell. I purchase there bubble bath for my girls as they both have eczema and Melaeuca's bubble bath doesn't irratate them. They also have some great toothpastes. So $72 (which also...
I've been a member for almost a year. I have a monthly point total I need to purchase each month. If I don't place my order by a certain pont they automatically ship out items that meet my point quota. Mine is 35 points and I typically spend $72 a month that includes shipping. I like alot of there cleaning products. I also buy ALL of my tee tree oil thru them. My kids love there toothpaste. I have atleast a 2yr supply of automatic dishliquid. I have a friend of mine who...
A goal for DH and I was to start and keep a pantry. We've met our goals and now I want to adjust our budget. I shop our pantry and usually replace as I go. I also want to beable to shop a good sale. Like when around Thanksgiving canned veggies were 41cents a can (Cheap for us) and I purchased ALOT. We are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 children ages 4 and 7. We currently spend around $600 a month on food and on (toilet paper, shampoo etc) I would like get it to...
Canned soups Canned broth or stock Canned tuna, samon, turkey, chicken Canned veggies Canned fruit Canned tomato sauce Mayo, Ketchup, pickles dryed beans Rice, brown and or white... white keeps ALOT longer Flour sugar Honey Powdered Milk (we use it alot for baking) Oat meal Pasta (bagged pasta has a longer shelf life than boxed) cereal baking mixes jello potato flakes... mashed taters or used in soups.
I have a three drawer basket thing (lack of a better word) the baskets are each 6 by 12 or so and have a slot in a rack, like a little dresser. I purchased it at my local fred myers. Its big enough that each of my girls has a drawer/basket for her hair bows and headbands and I have one for me. But when the drawers/baskets are closed you can't see any of it.
I think its not just about simplifying but also then things having a place, sometimes things having a place means there has to be "more" things in the room. I have a similar entry way. Small bench that has 2 selves for shoes. A sofa table that has 2 large baskets under it. 1 for each of my girls shoes and the last for hats and mittens, scarfs, etc. enjoy you home.
Nine years ago my husband and I moved from a small town in New England cross country to a little bit bigger town in the Pacific Northwest. We came out for a job and DH also grew up in the area. We fit all of our belongings in a pick up truck and a small pull along trailer from uhaul. Well years later we have more belongs that could fit in the small pick-up truck and uhaul trailer (9yrs, 2 kids). There is a strong possibility that DH might be taking a job across the...