or Connect

Posts by Paxjourney

I just unloaded the last carload of stuff from out 974sq ft apartment. I'm spending the rest of this week unpacking everything and really being cut throat about what I keep and don't. Right now the townhouse looks like a bomb of boxes exploded. Just stuff everywhere, at least everything is in it's correct room.   Next week my girls are going to a 4 day (all day) Science camp. While they are gone I plan to spend two days getting everything out of my friend's place and...
Six months ago my family and I moved. DH took a new job that afforded our family moretime together but involved me quitting my job (I worked full time as a nurse for about a year, prior to that I was a SAHM). Our transition had us putting out 1850sq ft home up forsale and moving 5 hours away. Prior to the move I paired down a lot.   We moved into a 973 sq ft apartment while having some items in storage and also storing somethings in a friends garage. The apartment...
I haven't gotten a chance to read all of this thread yet. First chance I have more than a 10 minute window I plan to sit down with a cuppa tea and do so.   DD1 has attended public school since Kindergarden. Prior to that she attended 2 1/2 years of Montessori Preschool. We are new to Homeschooling, and won't "officially" start with her until the Christmas break. What I've learned is to embrace my child's personal interest. With the exception of public school, she has...
I've purchased some at Etsy. We don't have american girl dolls, But the Target brand ones. Anyway another thing we did was purchase some premmie size outfits (dresses mostly) at a resale shoppe.
I'm a homemaker. My girls are 3 yrs apart, we arn't planning on having more than the two we have naturally. We may adopt or foster in the future but not at this time. I have always been the primary caregiver of our children, though DH is a VERY involved partner and father when his work allows. When my girls were younger I took a few classes part-time and then a year of fulltime(more like 60+ hours a week) to finish my nursing degree. After finishing my degree I stayed...
We are homeschooling!!! Currently DD1 is in 3rd grade and in public school but we will be homeschooling the second half of this year. DD2 is age 5 and is being homeschooled. I'm so excited, the girls are excited and DH is excited. I will be filing my intent to homeschool this coming week for DD1.
We are paying on what debt we have and continue to build our pantry. Like a pp we buy our oatmeal, rice, beans, popcorn, flour and sugar in bulk and store into smaller portions, usually 2lbs. We also buy our pasta (Barilla whole wheat goes on sale for between 75cents and $125 a box several times a year I stock up then) etc. We only store what we will eat not what we "think" we should have. I'm kinda feeling the doom and gloom.
Breakfast: Cereal with Milk (powdered, I'm trying to use up the open box) Snack: Apple oatmeal muffins Lunch: Yogurt, carrot sticks and Grapes Dinner: Will be Turkey burgers (pre cooked frozen ones) with cheese (have about 8 bags of cheese in the freezer) on organic whole wheat english muffins (freezer). With apple juice (using up some of our supply)
I started a price book years ago but never really kept up with it. I know in my head how much I pay for varius items etc. However I'm moving 5 hours away from where I currently live and after a weekend trip, where I went to several grocery stores. I think I am going to set up a price book. A fresh start if you will. So If you keep a Price book please share: How do you have it organized? Do you have an actual book or something online/on the computer? Anything else...
I'd like to join aswell. We are moving in 7 weeks, 8 days before Christmas. Our new home is 5 hours away and DH is already there in a 1 bedroom apartment, We are moving into a larger 2 or 3 bedroom in December. I know that our moving company will move canned goods and boxed items. Somethings we will move ourselves but We have a stocked deep freeze and fridge. I'm committed to not stock up on parishables during the next 7 weeks, thought the odd loaf of bread might be...