or Connect

Posts by mimie

You are not cruel at all!  Jasper is getting the care he needs - now you need to take care of yourself so that you can continue to be the mommy he needs.  And pumping is such hard work, and very emotional - do whatever you need to do to make that work for you.   :)   Just out of curiosity, is your back pain in your upper back?  I had horrible back pain after my c-section, and I was afraid it was from being in bed so much, but the nurse told me that it is referred...
      I would put birthing at home as a secondary goal and safeguarding your baby (and yourself) as the primary goal.  And for MRSA, I think the answer is clear: seek medical advice.  Go see an OB and find out what your options are.  A midwife (experts in NORMAL birth) is not the right medical practitioner for this situation.  And neither are you.
Yes.  You and the baby are both at risk.  You may need prophylactic antibiotics during labor, and you will need proper wound care and possibly postpartum antibiotics if you tear.   The baby will also need monitoring after birth to check whether she/he is colonized with MRSA, and whether it is causing infection.  
I think some of the things you have tried are directly related to trying to help him manage the problematic behavior.   Limiting screen time is a GREAT idea.  I wouldn't phrase it as a punishment, though.  Just set a reasonable limit each day, and that's all he gets.  This will encourage him to be talkative, social and burn off energy when it is acceptable (i.e. after school).    Early bedtime is also a good idea.  School is exhausting.  If he is overtired, it is...
  Quick summary of my experience -   CD'd DD for 20 months, first with Kissaluvs/covers, then with BGOS.  The toddler poop/BGOS combination eventually got to be too much, so she wore sposies/pull ups until potty learning at age 3.   CD'd DS from birth to about 6 months, using the same KLs and BGOS.  By 5 months or so, DS was leaking out of every BGOS, and they didn't seem to fit right.  Plus they were raggedy from use, and starting to be difficult to get clean...
I just bought a bunch of the Carters leggings from the outlet, as well as some onesies and one-piece outfits.  BUY BIG!  My DS just completely outgrew all of his 12 month sizes, so I bought 18 months.  They fit perfectly - I actually could have gone for some things in 24 months.     I am done buying woven pants for this chubby, CD'd baby.  DH complains about the baby wearing "sweats" all the time, but I hate trying to stuff him into cords or something and then still...
I had my son a year ago at a hospital in central Oregon.  Circ was never even mentioned.  I was there for four days.  
Do you really mean her BMI is in the 90s?  Anything over 40 is morbidly obese.  She would have to weigh, like, 300 lbs. to have a BMI of 90 at 8 years old.  Do you mean she is in the 90th percentile for weight?  Because that's different than BMI.   Oh, and to the OP: I would bristle, too, if my doctor commented on that with those numbers.  My DD has always been a little higher on the  weight percentile than height.  Now, at age 4.5, she is shooting up in height and her...
I wanted to update to say DS just had his six month WCV, and our NP did not even touch that area - a quick peek in the diaper area to check for rash (didn't even get the diaper off all the way) and that was it!  I didn't even have to say anything.  So glad she seems to be hands off now about that area.  :)   I also have to add, although it's neither here nor there, that I really appreciate that our provider examines DS on my lap rather than the exam table.  It's so much...
I am really, really torn about taking Reglan.  The potential side effects are no joke.  Tardive dyskinesia, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, involuntary movement disorders, serotonin, syndrome, unrelenting depression and panic attacks... I'm actually really, really scared to take it.   Anyway, I have a prescription for it, but am unsure about whether to take it or not.  I am also taking Prozac and the risks of some side effects are increased due to drug interactions. ...