or Connect

Posts by GinaRae

2 weeks ago I was pretty upset and now? I am, pretty happy. Divorce is hard, but it's been a long time coming and we're both great people -- just aren't suited. In fact, in all of our talking, I seemed to have lost a lot of my emotional appetite and lost 10 pounds in about 13 days just from dropping sodas and eating less. I am starting to think as an individual again and starting to be okay with my views on my place in the world. But then the hunger hit when I knew it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by atenea I lost all of that weight in the first few PP days, but since then I have gained at least 20 lbs! Who gains weight after the baby, ugh! Me All 4 of my boys, I end up losing the preg weight FAST and then gaining 50 pounds!
Thanks, girls. It's such a weird situation. I am SURE a lot of emotional issues around our relationship have added weight, but nothing I couldn't have learned to deal with if we'd gotten some counseling. Overall we're actually pretty awesome together. Nothing a little fine tuning wouldn't fix. None of it makes sense, really. I do understand him (as much as you can I guess) and there are a couple of pieces of the puzzle that never seemed to fit and so that's where it...
My husband is leaving me this year. He hopes to be out by June. He just decided in the last couple of days that this is it finally. I'm a SAHM and I'm freaking out about how that's going to continue. It's not like we're abusive or drinkers or bad parents or anything.. I am just not the unicorn he has always wanted and we're both emotionally crippled from childhood, I guess. It's not perfect, so he wants to go. Sorry, TMI for a group of strangers... I am just really...
My 3rd grader is a pretty smart lil cookie but quite unmotivated and he cuts as many corners as he can. It's so frustrating that he will only give a full effort once in a while and usually just writes the bare minimum. We're almost done with the 3rd grade LA/Lit/Spelling curriculum for the year and I decided to cut the aggravation of getting him to read and remember and respond to a book that's on his level. Instead I chose Sarah, Plain and Tall and we've combined it...
Quote: Originally Posted by elanorh Welcome! I've been thinking we ought to put together a post of all the items that k12 just assumes we have in our houses, for those who are just starting out with the program. Off the top of my head, things I've had to purchase are: hole punch note cards pipe cleaners TONS of construction paper, of various sizes including 12x18 Sketch paper (art paper) Glue sticks String (I've just been using yarn) (I...
Quote: Originally Posted by academama GinaRae, I'm sorry you're feeling the inertia. Are there any OA meetings near you? Yes, two of them really close and one about 20 minutes away. The timing of the meetings is so hard to commit to with hubs' job.
Quote: Originally Posted by ithappened My DS crying is the clear trigger to my binges when I can't 'fix' whatever it is he is upset about, which is often.. .. .. what do I do to stop my binging? I am sick of overeating and I am sick about beating myself up and feeling bad about myself after.. its a terrible cycle to be in.. I am holding on my pregnancy weight because of it, and it just makes me feel worse... At this age sometimes when they need...
How's everyone this week? I'm a little freaked that it's so close to the end of January and I still haven't picked a therapist or started going to OA or anything other than reading about this. I'm still gaining.. a trend happning since I realized something was REALLY wrong when I quit soda and went on Weight Watchers and started loosing weight last year and then went into an emotional tizzy. That book, osing Your Pounds of Pain by Doreen Virtue was life-changing for me....
Quote: Originally Posted by academama I have just started seeing a therapist because of this. I am writing a dissertation and it's like every time I need to work I go into panic mode--it's so scary and overwhelming to write, so instead I binge. I'm working on it. The main thing I'm trying to do right now is reduce the intensity of the binges--so that I'm eating less, and healthier things--even though I still feel like I don't know how to stop...