or Connect

Posts by GinaRae

I also do A LOT of reading to him instead and we go quickly that way now. I've also skipped a few that were just not necessary. We will go over the lesson (like themes in writing, characters, etc) and I will show an example, but we will skip the story.
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse ...... and there seem to be long periods of time where there isn't any real literature...... Interesting... there is SO MUCH reading (stories and novels) in 3rd grade. SO MUCH. Add on the reading he does for science, art and history and he's overwhelmed. This is a kid with no reading problems either.
Quote: Originally Posted by kittie313 So is anyone else planning on doing lessons through Christmas break? We took some extra time off for Thanksgiving, and I need to keep our routines up as much as possible, so I'm planning on continuing lessons through the break instead of taking off the whole 2 weeks. We'll take Christmas and New Year's off (erm, the days that dh has off for those days that is) but I'm planning on keeping lessons going for my own...
Cat, not to downplay your plight, but if nothing else, you should know some of us who aren't bipolar are also wasting time, hyperactively cleaning, or curled up somewhere doing nothing Hey, does anyone know if the local district covers learning disability evaluating for homeschoolers and how to do this? I sent a note today to the teacher to ask her. We need to get my 8yo's eyes checked and most likely he needs glasses, but also, despite how well he reads (pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommajb I have long periods of time during which I can't imagine eating in way that harms my body as in food for life and not the other way around. Then, something happens and I spiral out of control. It is hard to realize how much it affects me physically and emotionally to be stuffing my emotions rather than dealing with them when I am in a bad spot. I do this too... the rollercoaster. What scares me is that I've...
Thanksgiving was so-so, but then this past Saturday I binged so hardcore, omg. I've been eating too much for months and of course I'm sugar addicted, but this was different. Something triggered and it was awful. I actually think that's the worst I've ever been. I ate until I thought I would pop and went to bed thinking I still wanted to consume something.. anything. Since then I've only eaten the bare minimum, and not on purpose, I just stopped eating. It's been a weird...
Ugh!! I tend to do that with things I buy or bake for the kids
I thought we'd get a ton of stuff done this week on break and we haven't touched anything. Honestly, I've been enjoying not doing it, and so has he, so I guess we'll just keep delaying. Quote: Originally Posted by elanorh Does anyone feel bad about skipping some of the hokey things that they have you do - the "collect a bunch of stuffed animals, and label them each with their names, then put them in a circle and ....yadayada" stuff? For those with K...
I hope this thread takes off. I am just realizing that this is getting really serious and I need help. Overeating is an eating disorder with the same beginnings and anorexia or bulimia. I have been this way since I was young, but it's caught up to me now that I cannot exercise and don't work outside the home (you know, where I wouldn't eat as much, etc). Ugh... I need major help.
I was NOT interested in being a SAHM ever! And then my #3 was a few months old and I realized I really wanted to come home. I quit WOH when he was 1 and the others were 4 and 7. I've been home ever since. It has had its ups and downs, but I am HAPPY at home.