or Connect

Posts by GinaRae

Thank you for the book recommendations and info on art supplies. Enrollment happened so fast! I faxed forms Friday afternoon/evening and we got the email Sunday. Sounds like the boxes will arrive by next week. His last day at school is tomorrow so he can say goodbye and while he is excited, he is also emotional about leaving his friends.
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse Yeah, most of third (and fourth) grade LA is in the Classics for Young Readers books. You probably noticed already, but there are also four novel choices sprinkled throughout the year that you need to get on your own (because you and your dd choose from a list of about 20 books). One thing I really don't like about 3rd grade plus in LA is that the reading materials are so. . .blah, I guess. It's not a big deal for...
Thanks for the support everyone! Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse Gina, you can see the materials they send you here http://d2.parature.com/ics/support/d...sp?deptID=8179 . You will get some art supples - paint, brushes, pastels, clay . You'll need to get your own paper. Thanks! I missed that I guess Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse Gina, you don;t actually have to do the physical if that's holding you up. On...
I'm wondering if they send us all the art supplies we need for Art3 or if we should start putting some supplies together. We're pretty depleted here lately and I haven't restocked since the boys are so focused on other things now. I miss little artsy fartsy boys! Can't wait to do projects again
I enrolled him yesterday but won't submit all the papers until probably next week (we need doc's appointment and the school receptionist's cooperation to get everything in). I'm wondering how long it will take and when I should pull Jack from school. I'm actually really nervous about this today. I have a lot sitting on my shoulders and a lot of unknown ahead
Has anyone else pulled their child mid-school year from a brick & mortar school to start this? I have a few concerns about how easy or hard this will be. I'm so afraid we're going to start this, the teacher will hear about it and we'll be stuck in this paperwork hell for weeks while Jack is just waiting to exit school. Quote: Originally Posted by faerierose My dd is going to try k-12 through the Oklahoma virtual academy this year. She will be in...
Subbing! We decided this morning to enroll my 3rd grader into K12 and pull him from school. The deadline for enrollment unless we want to wait until March is the 29th, so this was a bit rushed for hubby since I JUST discussed homeschooling with him MONDAY. This isn't a new thought for me (a few years in the running) but it's not something I'd really discussed much with hubby (except to mention I might homeschool our youngest). He's not a happy camper, but K12 helps...
I'm going to remain subbed here with hopes of doing Waldorf infusion stuff now and then more actual curriculum in the future. But we decided this morning to enroll in K12 as a compromise with the hubster and as a way to ease into homeschooling for the first time. I'm definitely going to be running Waldorf side activities for my lil guy though.
subbing... I'm planning to pull my 3rd grader from public school by the end of the year and I am thinking Waldorf homeschooling...I need to get my hubs on board that i can do this. Hi Alisha
Sorry to butt in! I am interested in some getting started kind of curriculum for a new homeschool family with a 3rd grader. We'll be pulling him from public school at the end of the year -- if all goes well and I have something prepped. Hubby needs me to be prepared, not just pull him and find something later. Sooo.. He's most interested in being creative and seems drawn to the Earth. He seems like a perfect candidate for Waldorf curriculum, though I am not absolutely...