or Connect

Posts by vein

: I used to *love* the BB as a young child. My favourite was the one where they got their room organized - I wanted their room. Honestly, the morality issue of them doesn't bother me. I didn't learn morals from any book, I learned them from my parents. (Although I don't remember having any BB books before I could read them myself around 4) Having such books didn't influence me to suddenly take some leap into a direction just because the book suggested some sort of...
It's spam meant to bypass Bayesian spam filters. The spammers send out hundreds of similar types. They are marked as spam, then soon a lot of false positives happen making Bayesian filters unable to function properly. Those running the filters either let more pass through (letting more spam go by) or just get rid of the filter all together. In the past months I've gotten tons of random word emails, paragraphs from books, and emails with no words, just lots of random...
I tried getting away from using P&G anything, but right now I'm using Cheer for everything but the diapers, because I'm cheap. So I still haven't gotten away from P&G evil. I've heard a lot have trouble with the natural detergents on diapers. Perhaps trying dish detergent on your diapers and switch to a natural detergent for everything else? T Daednu: did you used to frequent alt.gothic.fashion?
I've been *so* wanting one of the Niteez and am *so* close to placing an order even though I shouldn't be spending any money at all. Does anyone have one of the max size Niteez? I'm so unsure about chosing the M/L or the Max size. Gavin is 25lb and I want something that'll last, but not be too big. The petite Fuzzi Bunz are way too small in the leg, but the large FB gap waaaay open in the waist, if that's any indication of size.
If you actually have a tub, what I'd suggest doing is having one of you get in the tub with her and bathe her that way. It may take a time or two of her just seeing someone else bathing and knowing that it can be fun before she'll be okay with it, but it's worth a try. It is a lot easier to do with two people. My SO gets in the bath, I help Gavin in there, they play for a bit, I wash him while he's not really thinking of it being more than playtime, they play a bit...
Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the family bed forum, feel free to move if you think it would be better there. Gavin just turned 17 months a week ago. He's NEVER slept as much as baby books/popular advice says he should have slept. I'm now worried about the effects of one not sleeping "enough" at his age. Last night, he FINALLY fell asleep around 12. He woke me up this morning at 9.20, fully awake. He FINALLY took a 2 hour nap this afternoon around...
I wondered the same thing. My SO is just obsessed with asking why it isn't an open casket. It's almost as mind boggling as when he died on Saturday. I turned on the tv for local news and it was some ABC feed. The guy was in his 90's, so it was pretty safe to say he would die soon, but because they didn't have his memorial tribute finished yet, it was a full screen picture of the outside of the Reagan library. Every now and then, the camera person would pan in...
We need a little (well, it would turn into a huge international organization I'm sure) support group for those like us. Caller ID IS a lifesaver. As are answering machines. I don't know why IL's have this little "nap time" beacon. The last time they dropped in (uninvited, they called when I was in the shower and didn't even leave a message to say they were coming) it was right around nap time. By the time they left 45 minutes later I had to deal with a...
I've been ignoring the IL's for the past two days. Someone please tell me they are/have been doing the same thing so I can stop feeling so petty. : Yesterday morning they called at some horribly early hour while we were still sleeping and left a message wanting to take us to the zoo today. The forecast then was saying over 90 degrees and humid. I've also explained to them *often* that it's a LOT easier for me if *I* go pick *them* up because of the car seat, which I...
http://www.spaceweather.com has a gallery of some really good pics. I'm hoping in 2012 we'll finally have a telescope with a sun filter so I can actually look at it.