or Connect

Posts by mamanonymous

I think that it really just depends and there's no real way of knowing until they are here. My first was pretty easy and I thought I had some kind of parental skill. My 2nd was way harder, but that is just because of who he is. He is just a very active, fiesty little bundle of testerone. I love him dearly, but his personality just makes him a bit more work because he tends to be curious about things that get him into mischief. His big sis is a big help to me on that front...
So what should folks who are more at risk, like those with asthma do? I have asthma, and last year my Dr finally did talk me into a shot because they were seeing such respiritory problems. This year I haven't gotten one yet. Also we are going on a long 7 hour flight to Costa Rica in January. That has me worried with the recycled air in the palnes and just the concentration of germs from all over the world at the airport. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.
I can really relate to how hard it is not to revert to punitive styles of discipline. I don't have any great advice, but please know that you are not alone. I do tend to do better when I am well rested and well fed though. Fill yourself with positive good mama thoughts, keep doing your best and if you make mistakes, apologize and try again.
Thank you all so much. I feel a lot better after getting it out and to realize that others are in the same boat. I know I am not really an evil mom, just a dramatic one maybe. I guess the occasional yelling doesn't seem out of line, but just how annoyed I would get even after I thought I was calm enough was scary. And telling my little kids a story about a kid getting killed in the street by a car, even though true, I feel bad about. Its a pretty scary thing to tell a kid,...
Just wanted to say Deb, you sound like an awesome mom who is really in tune with and dedicated to your kids needs. It's an inspiration. Best wishes.
This list is wonderful! I really needed it. My printer is broken too so I hand wrote it out and when I realized how many I said yes too, I realized why my kids have been acting up the way they have! They are feeding off all my negative energy! It's no wonder things have felt so hard around here lately! Definitely some good things for me to think about and work on.
This list is wonderful! I really needed it. My printer is broken too so I hand wrote it out and when I realized how many I said yes too, I realized why my kids have been acting up the way they have! They are feeding off all my negative energy! It's no wonder things have felt so hard around here lately! Definitely some good things for me to think about and work on.
The germ thing bugs me too. Even if it is somehow good for them long run to build up these immunites, it is usually miserable to be sick. When we are tired, not feeling good or sleeping or eating well, it effects the whole family. Even if I don't get sick too, the lack of sleep taking care of sick kids leaves me even less patient than usual which is not good for anyone. I definitely noticed that my friends kids in preschool were sick A LOT more often and when we did get...
First I have to say, I believe wholeheartedly in the ideas of gentle dicipline and attachment parenting. They are wonderful theories, but the reality of them is really freaking hard for me. Sometimes I feel like I am such a mean mom. It kills me because I really made up my mind that I would never let anyone treat my children the way I was. I know how much it sucks to be a kid who gets yelled at and feels bad about themselves, and now I catch myself doing it way too often....
I often wonder the same thing, am I patient enough for this? I do think that as they get older, it does get easier because they are more independent and able to entertain themselves without so much mischief. My kids are 5 and 3 and the 3 year old still needs a lot of supervision, but a lot less tahn say a year ago. We are starting to get into some kind of routine and I think it is helping all of us. I notice when we do some loosely structured things (mostly reading and...