or Connect

Posts by Encinalien

I need to pull out my sewing machine too, Cynthia. I'm trying to make a doggie themed pillow pal as a gift for my son and I'm cutting it kind of close if I want to be done in time for the holidays. It should only take a few sittings since I already have the head cut out and some spots cut out and the body's just a pillowcase.
And yes I voted for yours not mine. I'll have to think of something I can trade you for two of those for Espy, but later, after the holliday chaos is over.
Here's the gift I made this year. I planned to make some cups to go with it, but that didn't happen. Each different color is basically a separate knitted cloth I made then I formed it into the shape I wanted (two bowls) and sewed it that way with yarn and a yarn needle. I filled a sock with stuffing and sewed that shut and that's what's on the inside. Then I knitted two tiny cloths for the handle and spout and then sewed them on how I wanted them to look. Then I...
I was slicing an apple when I noticed the seeds had roots. I salvaged two of them intact and, not sure what to do, planted them in my spider plant pot. One of them sprouted and now has two little starter leaves and still has two pieces of the seed hanging on to the trunklet. What can I do to help the little tree make it? I lightly water the spider plant daily since that's the care instructions and I killed the last one by overwatering it. I'm hopeful and...
Hello toddlers people. My 2.5 year old drew this with a paintbrush: http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/2d0919be.jpg I told him how to do it. I posted this in the "what are they doing now" thread in parenting the gifted child. A few women who know I have always homeschool my baby a little bit asked me to explain again why I would teach him.
From what I read in another place online "hothousing" is using bribery and punishment to push your kid to get ahead. Teaching interested children while they're interested without bribery and reward is not "hothousing". I ROFLMAO when I read over there "the conjugation of hothousing//I encourage, you push, he/she/it hothouses" because it reminded of some conversations I've had here in the past. But mainly I asked that small favor of refraining from that word because of...
are you telling me to get with the program and chose one rather than just winging it. So many mainstream mothers do it, I'm told. Is armchair preschooling on the way to send him to mainstream public school really dangerous? In a different place if we could afford it I would seriously consider Montessori or Waldorf. As it is, this is our life. My sister has a four year degree in early childhood education and my nephew is one month older than ds. I don't see where...
Thank you, Gracias, Thank you. Louis I'm voting get the tickets. If my first pregnancy was normal you get energized a week or two before your labor. And you're definately going to enjoy it. And the walking around is good for you too.
TJEJ I obviously googled meyers Briggs type j just now. Using the pathways link. I would agree. Judging is what I'm trying to instill. All the connections the gifted mind makes without much thought or effort it's so common to answer by instinct, to be an amazingly accurate guesser. Yeah joensally I know the gifted still have problems otherwise why would I be looking for ways to address them. I just don't think creativity and inner drive are the big problems for...
That's what I was getting ready to ask. Who did she have the bad relationship with?