or Connect

Posts by Mom2ManyBlessings

My 2-year-old would LOVE this!  And so would my 5-year-old!  Thanks for the giveaway! 
I would LOVE a Beco.  :)   I think one of the best way to encourage men to babywear is to raise boys who see babywearing as a normal part of family life.  My boys are all very comfortable wearing their younger siblings (when they are strong enough, of course).  They see it as completely normal, and will offer to wear the baby when he or she is fussy, to give mama a break.    They will make wonderful babywearing daddies, someday.
I am looking forward to eating a full-sized meal of, well, just about ANYTHING!!!!!! My stomach has gotten so squished that I cannot eat more than a few forkfuls at one sitting. A 12" Subway turkey sub, a BIG bowl of Chicken Tikka Masala, a full meal of pasta, my homemade sauce and meatballs, salad, and garlic bread... YUM. And I've been known to indulge in a small glass of wine and to mooch sips of DH's beer or cocktails on occasion... Looking forward to a NICE,...
Congrats! I'm so glad you were in a supportive environment. She's precious!
Sounds like sciatica. I get it, too, from time to time. And yeah - there's really NOTHING you can do for it. I have found that sitting/sleeping on a heating pad helps, but only temporarily. If you can get the baby to move, it might relieve pressure on the nerve. Believe me, I *know* how badly it hurts! I hope it lets up for you soon!
Oh. My. What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
They can DEFINITELY alter your chart, if it is incorrect. They did that to mine with DH's blood type - they had him classed as O+ when he is actually O- (and since I am O-, too, it's kind of a big deal...). It sounds like your dr, although a great surgeon, is trying to play God and determine your reproductive future for you. Upon admission, you need to make it known and noted on your chart that you DO NOT CONSENT to a tubal or any other method of sterilization. And I...
I have a couple of GMs with shot elastic, too... Not happy about that...
My last LO was transverse until 35 weeks, when she flipped breech. She flipped vertex at 38 weeks, the *night* before I was to have the c-section-scheduling talk with the mw. So there's plenty of time left for you... This one was transverse at my last appt, and my mw recommended a maternity support belt, b/c sometimes, if you've had more then one baby, your lower ligaments get loose, and it creates a "hammock" environment for the baby, allowing them to feel more...
Coming out of lurkdom to answer this one... I was just shy of 39 when my last LO was born, and my MWs had me do an NST once a week starting at 37 weeks. I had several extra u/s, too, but that was mostly b/c she had turned breech at 35 weeks, and then righted herself a couple of weeks later. I will have to have them this time, too, as I will be 42 when I deliver. *shocking, I know* The reason they gave me is that in women over 35, and even more in women over 40,...