or Connect

Posts by cupofjojo

Hi Folks: Sorry it has been SOOOOOOO Long since posting. Our summer has been quite frantic. I ruptured an ear drum and was down a long time with that and each time I tried getting on the computer would get dizzy. Then had an unexpected trip back to PA to say my goodbyes to my dad. He's 88 and had unexpected heart problems. It was a great visit so if something happens between now and our next plan visit, I'll know I got to see him one last time. Anyway we are...
For me Shoes & Bras are the 2 for sure. Then it totally depends. I do a lot of shopping at thrift stores, etc. especially for DS's clothes since he's in a new size often. However, about 5 years ago we started realizing that cheap clothes sometimes don't hold up to what we need so part of our decision is item to item. Outdoor gear, hiking gear, etc. we usually know its an investment so our rain gear was not cheap or used. We get to ski in the winter so again the...
We have an 02 Jetta and boy does this thing have trunk space! When we have our IL's with us DS gets put in the middle and MIL & I sit in either side. We do fine! I will confess though we do have an SUV. Our IL's gave us their 02 Envoy when they purchased a new one. We were grateful for it this year since we had snow on the ground 64 days in a row here in CO this year. But we use the Jetta the most we can't see sense in spending any more than we do for fuel!
We have the Crate & Barrell working glasses as well and love them. I like that they fit into my cup holder in the car as well.
subbing Great thread. We are debt free except our mortgage and we were able to get into our most recent house with only 25% of it mortgaged. DH is good with money, & when I met him he was debt free. When we got engaged DH paid of my 2K student loan & entered marriage debt free & been since. We don't finance anything except real estate. We save maximum savings for retirement. When we need to buy a car we try to get a year end floor model so it costs a lot less. We stay...
Quote: Originally Posted by maciascl I am right there with you. Everyone talks about the terrible 2s, but you get no warning about the torturous 3s I hear it gets better...: : Some days its the thunderous 3's here!
I have a Moses basket under his bed and DS gets to keep what fits in there after that we purge. Usually I can sneak a few out of the room before the process and they are ones that are never used. I just freecycle them. I've had a few ladies who sell crafts take them - they use them at shows to display doll clothes, etc. One lady made doll sized high chairs and wanted them for that.
Well today will be a spending day but guess I'd consider it essential. Got pulled over yesterday for a tail light that was out. Fortunatley the officer told me get it fixed in the next 2 days and did not even write up a warning. The tail light will be cheaper than getting pulled over again
I have not read all the responses but here's what we did. Our nursery and workers are phenomenal at our church and want things to be a good experience for child and parent alike. It took DS about 4 times to really get used to the idea and each time he stayed there a little longer when it got to be too much for him they would get us. On one of those occasions we were doing something in the service so they asked if they could give him to a friend - asked our friends, who...
Having owned my own coffeehouse, and having gone through nearly 2 extensive weeks of classes on how to brew coffee & pick your roast I know the process to make coffee at home can be frustrating. I read through all my training materials; then went out & found the following links on the web that might help those of you who want to try better coffee at home. I know some sites say different quantities, etc. but since it is all so personal what one site says for one person...