or Connect

Posts by cupofjojo

Totally agree with the Keens. DS loves them, they are sturdy, he can rock climb and hike in them. We just got a pair at REI's anniversary sale for $32. Crocs vs. knockoffs - DS & I have had knockoffs and they are comfortable and very croc like, however, Crocs really don't make your feet smell or get gunky the knock of ones do.
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma hey y'all, i had a small GREEN brainstorm i thought i'd share with y'all. we belong to a CSA which is wonderful, but it means i'm washing a buncha buncha greens and i felt bad about wasting all that wash water by dumping it down the drain. . Another area we saw water go down the drain was taking our morning showers. For some odd reason we don't have and can't install a regulator for our pipes so it takes a...
A peep hole in our door works for us. I can see who it is and don't really care if they see my eyeball! Prior to the peep hole I printed out on nice decorative paper a no solicitation sign and framed it in a 3x5 small frame. Had DH replace the glass with plexi-glass now and hung it right next to the doorbell. Worked great 8 out of 10 times.
Quote: Originally Posted by avengingophelia Today, I hauled a french press that wasn't being used at home, a bottle of organic caramel syrup, some fresh ground organic dark roast beans, and a carton of organic 1/2 and 1/2 to work. I'm brewing up my own lovely coffee right here in the office, for free, and what I don't drink this morning can cool down and be iced this afternoon. Way to go! I did a pitcher of coffee yesterday so this morning it...
I just got a GREAT bag for Mother's Day that is going into my car. It is a multi-pocketed gardener's tote. There are 6 pockets on the outside, and 6 on the inside, plus a large center compartment. I labeled the pockets: sunglasses, sunscreen, DS water, my water, snacks, toys, books, oops! (extra underwear & pants), mail, CD's, wipes (its usually a spray bottle and wash cloth but labeled wipes so DH knows what they are for ) There's one spot left and the center...
Today was an interesting day! We had a yard sale with a lot of people. I couldn't believe all the comments about "aren't you going to give DS a sibling?" "Why would you get rid of all your baby stuff, you haven't had your 2nd yet." It was a bit crazy. The flip side was that some of the grandma's buying kids stuff were thrilled I was selling stuff only used by one child, and a no-smoking, no pet home. Interesting day indeed.
Well we had beautiful weather and we made near $890. This is not how to have a successful garage sale but how to not have to put everything back in your house. An hour before yard sale ending time, I started putting some things on freecycle. They hadn't moved all day and knew I wouldn't get a good price for them that late in the day. I had 3 takers on some of the offers and they ended up leaving with a lot more than what was posted. Less boxes to move at the...
WHOOO HOOOOO! Today was a plus $875 day! We had our yard sale and did really well. I did barter some stuff for some really good CD's. We also sold our TV in the family room - YEAH!
We have all but 2 bills on auto pay. The other 2 are due on the first of the month so we just pay them on the 20th of prior month. When we had a lot of bills that we used to send in the mail, we took the time to see when all our bills were due since credit cards really varied. Once we wrote them all out by due date, we calculated back a week for sending it we decided which of 2 dates they got paid. For example bills due May 1-15th would get paid on April 20th and...
Well not so good yesterday and already spent today - we sort of went camping. Okay we did go camping but it was only 5 miles from home and we were only going to go to sleep there so DS would get used to the tent for an upcoming trip. Anyway, got to the site and DH suggested getting tke out Chines and bringing it back to the campsite. Dinner also led to buying firewood, and stuff for smores. So yesterday was $52 and today we ate breakfast out $16. Well hopefully...