or Connect

Posts by cupofjojo

One thing to find out is if your state requires you to file it with them. In certain states if its not on file with the state, it can not only be contested but the state can become the exectutor and take an executor's fee in some cases 20%.
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear so I am going to look for a "Wills for Dummies" type of book . . . don't know if it exists but I guess I'll find out! I think its called Estate Planning for Dummies and there's also and Idiot's Guide to Estate Planning. It covers a lot more than just wills.
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldabee My old rice cooker wasn't nonstick, but it was aluminum. I got rid of it because I find it perfectly easy to cook rice in a pot on the stove. Quote: Originally Posted by tbone Same here Understood, but some folks just like a rice cooker and here in the altitude it makes a huge diffefence. Anyway would still love it if folks have any recipes for oatmeal. My cooker doesn't have...
Well ours is on Saturday and I can't wait. I have so much stuff to sell I hope it goes well. I thought of one other tip - check your weather and make a contingency plan. (i.e. rain, wind, etc.) Our weather is looking great but calling for winds. DH has decided books will stay inside garage so the don't all flop open in the wind. We're putting up a canopy we have that has side walls. If it gets too windy we can put the sides down and help eliminate some of of the...
Well ours is on Saturday and I can't wait. I have so much stuff to sell I hope it goes well. I thought of one other tip - check your weather and make a contingency plan. (i.e. rain, wind, etc.) Our weather is looking great but calling for winds. DH has decided books will stay inside garage so the don't all flop open in the wind. We're putting up a canopy we have that has side walls. If it gets too windy we can put the sides down and help eliminate some of of the...
May 5 - May 6 - May 7 - May 8 - .99 cents May 9 - May 10 - 2.20 Okay I almost fell off the floor when regular gas was $3.15 a gallon in our area. $52 to fill up - UGH! Certainly helps put a damper on wanting to drive anywhere - no driving, no shopping
This is the table I love and when we move again we'll get. We don't want a formal dining room but want something that will seat guests. With no leaves it seats 6 and you can order up to 13 leaves where it will seat 20. http://www.amishtables.com/dining-ro...nal/Brookline/ I've sat at one fully extended and it is very sturdy.
Quote: Originally Posted by oneKnight For boxes if you aren't completely opposed to walking into WalMart, try hitting up the housewares department (best sized boxes) around 11pm or midnight and asking for some boxes. The overnight stocking is the best time to pick up boxes, but if you wait too late they will all go into the crusher for recycling. That's great that you can get them from your Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart will not give any away because...
Question on things like sugar, flour, cake mixes - how long would you keep them?
I still have 10 cans of pineapple, 10 cans of whole cranberries, 10 cans of diced tomatoes, 10 cans of whole tomatoes, lots of pastas, 4 cans of garbanzo beans, 4 cans of black beans, lots of cake mixes, 6 cans of evaporated milk, 5 cans of condensed milk, 8 cans of chicken broth, 4 large cans of beef broth, 3 boxes of veggie broth. Can of raosted peppers. 3 jars of bruschetta, 2 jars of tapenade. Brownie mix - a few boxes, a dozen bread mixes. 6 cans of coconut milk. ...