or Connect

Posts by cupofjojo

We have one that was given to us and it is a 42 inch screen. It takes up a lot of room, and often a lot of time. I've disconnected the cable from it for a start. I figure if my husband doesn't miss it after a month he might let me get rid of it. As far as in the kitchen I'd say my food processor. I have gadgets to fit on my mixer that could do similar things. I did just recently get rid of my knife block and exchanged it for a magnetic bar. I love it, it...
Hi: I'm about 10 minutes to Longmont. New to the board and each week becoming more involved in natural living. I'd like to connect with some moms as well. My DS is nearly 3 1/2. We moved here 3 years ago from the East Coast and I still feel like the odd gal out in materialistic suburbia. Most of my acquaintances have to go to Wal-Mart & Target weekly if not daily and will drive 1/2 to get there but think the 25 minute drive to Boulder to hike is insane Needless...
A few of my friends & I recently had this conversation. The conclusion we came to was if someone else was offering to throw a shower for you then certainly let them. However, if the expectant mom is the one behind it, it seems to feel forced and akward. Unless there are extenuating circumstances. We were at a shower recently thrown by the mom to be and it felt more like a party for her than the celebration of the new arrival. Plus there was less than a 3 year...
My husband who has not wanted to make the investment in a big play set has conceded that the COSTCO one is the best deal around. We should have it in a week and I've been on this attempt for 10 months. He's into woodworking and climbed up the shelf to view the construction (before being asked to climb down) and said it is very well made. Solid wood, and solid hand pieces, etc. We looked at the Wal-mart wood and he said it didn't look as high a quality of wood. ...