or Connect

Posts by hubris

How disappointing. Have you considered going up the chain to their regional manager? I'm sure somebody higher up in the company might be interested to hear about bag credits and also interested to hear that apathetic local management is losing customers. I think our more mainstream stores (Kroger, Food Lion) and the big box stores like Target don't offer credits, but a big local chain, where I like to shop, does. Our local organic market does, of course.
I'm asking about this for a friend, in the hopes that I can help her find the least traumatic way to deal with her daughter's hair woes. Her DD is 3 y/o and has long hair. He mom brushes it and styles it (ponytails or braids, usually) and lately this has been the source of major discord. Her hair gets snarls, even if the mom uses conditioners, so it HURTS to brush and style her hair. My friend is considering cutting her DD's hair to avoid this battle, but she's...
Not sure what aspect of the situation is the stumbling block for her, that sounds frustrating for you to try to figure out! Have you read any books together? Robie Harris' "It's So Amazing!" gives a lot of information, and maybe that one would help her to fill in whatever blank is missing. Birth control does seem like a pretty tough concept for a kid, though - how have you approached it so far?
Quote: Originally Posted by lyttlewon If she is making vowel sounds then she is babbling. First words are really just a variation on crying or whining . DS says mama but it is MAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAA Actually, no. Vowel sounds are what is referred to as "cooing". "Babbling" refers to long strings of consonant-vowel combinations. Helpful...
Honestly, from the point of view of being in a difficult relationship with my own parents ATM, I'd encourage them to discuss what he said to them with him, without defensiveness on their part. He is hurting and it would probably be very productive if they could listen and validate him. Too often I think parents put their other children in a bind by asking them if what their sibling said is true. That is very divisive and not productive. Proceed with caution. I would...
Dude, that's healthy food! Ok, not the sundae, but everybody can stand a treat now and then. No need for shame. It's a bit silly to think that the evening meal has to be a certain type of food, presented a certain way. Free yourself from the expectations and the guilt!
Quote: Originally Posted by barose [FONT=Arial] I have really nice bags (get compliments on them) but would like something more “socially acceptable” for places like Bloomingdales or boutiques. Maybe something sturdy or just an oversized purse or tote I use ecobags string bags for mall/boutique shopping. They're really compact so they can fit into my purse, but they expand to hold a lot (good for clothing shopping). I also often use a big...
I'm a lifelong biter/picker and DS1 has been a biter/picker since he was about 3, I think. I can't remember when it started. At first I felt like I should "nip it in the bud" but then reflected on my own habits, thought about whether or not they're *really* a problem (no, they're not), and how it felt to be constantly shamed for it as a child. The attitudes of other people are the main problem with biting/picking, IMO, not the behavior itself. I no longer pester my son...
DS3 was just two hours old the first time DH wore him in a sling. DS1 and DS2 were days old when we started wearing them. I like pouch slings and/or wraps for very tiny babies.
DS3 is almost 6 mos old and is probably our last child. I'm trying to cherish every. single. moment. If I could get just a little bit more sleep I'd want him to stay a baby forever. Funny how this time I'm enjoying infancy more but it seems to be going faster.