or Connect

Posts by hubris

snuggle diaper check nurse snuggle change of scenery
I'm a SAHM, and when DH is home, we share parenting duties. We're both parents, after all. I voted 50/50 but that ebbs and flows as necessary. DH has never considered diaper changes to be an optional part of parenting. AND he can change any cloth diaper in the house. AND he's circumcised and never once batted an eye at leaving our sons intact or thought foreskins were gross. He taught his dad how to change diapers, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by grantskismom+1 We wouldn't dream of nitpicking our child woud we? We all know that's destructive. So why do we nitpick ourselves? If being a "good jobber" is the worst thing you've got going for you I think you're doing okay. I'll agree that if saying "good job" is the worst thing a parent does, they're doing pretty well in the grand scheme of things. However, doing well does not mean that we can't always...
DH, DS1, my MW, and her assistant were in the room with me when I gave birth to DS3. SIL and DS2 were downstairs. They came up to meet the baby after he was born. How is your family dynamic? Will it be a sensitive issue for your SILs and ILs to wait downstairs while other family members are given the honor of attending your birth? While I completely understand that you might want your mother in the room but not your ILs, it might have an effect on family harmony. ...
How broad is the road? How busy is it? We live in a suburban neighborhood with no sidewalks. The road is wide and there is very little traffic on it. When we take walks, we walk on the road or the curb, which is also broad. We watch for cars and get all the way over on the side if a car is coming. If our road were too busy for that, I probably wouldn't feel comfortable taking walks on it, period - not even on people's lawns. Is your road busy? Is there any other...
Quote: Originally Posted by onlyAngil What is a nice alt. to shaving cream, is there any? I use a shaving soap that comes in bar form. It has bentonite clay in it, which makes a rich later and helps the razor to glide really well. I buy mine from an Etsy seller but I'm hoping to find a more local source, and maybe make my own someday.
Twice a day - morning shower and evening before bed. If I haven't worn any makeup, I just splash with water before bed. I have found that the less I fuss with my skin, the fewer troubles I have. All that acne-fighting I used to do probably make my skin worse. If I'd just used more plain water, maybe my skin wouldn't have been as crazy. Age has also been nice. My skin was horrid in my teens, broke out pretty constantly in my 20s, but in my 30s I usually like my skin!...
Quote: Originally Posted by GruppieGirl In the last few months, has anyone else found that using reusable bags has been easier? I find that I am getting less questions and stares. Hopefully cashiers and other patrons are become more accepting and aware. : Yes! I like to think that I'm part of the revolution, breaking in the cashiers, making the world more cloth-tolerant, so that it becomes the new normal.
Quote: Originally Posted by cristeen I got mine from reusablebags.com Me, too. I have some large and some small muslin produce bags. They're great. For many fruits/veggies, I don't even bag them. One bell pepper doesn't need a bag. Three sweet potatoes don't need a bag. I just group them together on the conveyor belt at the checkout. For items I want to contain, I use the muslin bags. If I'm buying something that will wilt, like...
Definitely call Allied Waste and ask for a printed brochure explaining what can be recycled and how to sort it! For other recyclables that AW doesn't collect, you could look for your county's waste management website and see what it says about community recycling centers.