or Connect

Posts by BF124497

I condition once or twice weekly and occasionally just use water only. The conditioner emulsifies excess oil and it's easy to find an all-natural brand. Doing daily scalp massages to distribute oil down the length of the hair also made all the difference for me.
We bought 5 unmatching vintage suitcases at a flea market. The sizes are all just a bit different, so they stack (larger to smaller from bottom to top), and the colors coordinate nicely. They hold all our art supplies and stationary, and are so easy to access and keep organized. People always comment on what a great decorating idea is, and we love the practicality, too!
I just gave my daughter (8 months) figs today. I wasn't sure if she would enjoy them*, but I cut them simply into quarters and let her self-feed, and she was fine with it. I think the texture threw her at first--like jelly, with little hard bits--but she signed "more" and ate two of them. *She eats pretty much everything we eat, with the exception of soy, wheat, nuts, and strawberries (and animal products, cos we're vegan). The only thing she's not been totally into...
We recently decided to change agencies after starting the process, and just found out that our first agency was denied by the Hague (and denied again after an appeal). But we're realizing there are lots of great organizations out there... I hope everything works out for you!
mama, you are doing everything right!
I can't speak to the post-adoption experience, but this is the very reason we chose not to pursue adoption of a Russian boy we were considering. We had very close ties to India and Latin America, and knew we would be adopting from those areas. Incorporating those cultures would be second nature, as they were already part of our lives in some way (South American friends, a large Indian community, our travels in these places, and a number of other things), and we are...
Quote: Originally Posted by maliceinwonderland Socks for Supper, It doesn't really sound like your husband wants to have a family at all. Have you thought about mentioning that to him? Honestly, as an outsider my first thought was "Is he making life so hard that she will eventually leave?" Some people can be oblivious, but it sounds like he is far beyond that. I agree with this. The comments about his refusal to give you any financial...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momma Aimee We view it as a family, a whole, that we are together responible for. Yes, this. (Hi Aimee) When we first married, our pastor had us make a list of everything that needed to get done around the house. We were told to alternately claim tasks we would be responsible for, and aha! chores are taken care of. It seemed like a great idea. It was a terrible idea. Principles like responsibility and...
I also had sinus problems before eliminating dairy. Really, it cures a number of ills: my skin got glowy, I'm no longer congested, no more stomach issues...
I wear babies; my carrier serves the same purpose But I love aprons and will start wearing them again once DD begins exploring more and is worn less.