or Connect

Posts by nancynance

"I am also hesitant to teach something that requires extensive education on the option of highly medicalized birth" Curious as to what you mean by this. If you end up teaching in a hospital, it will be to your advantage to know all of the advantages and disadvantages of "medicalized birth" because that's what's so prevalent in most American hospitals today. My CE certification is through ICEA, whose motto is "freedom of choice through knowledge of alternatives," and I...
Congratulations! It's a great feeling of accomplishment, good for you. May your doula experiences be meaningful and many!
Congratulations on your new son, and thanks for sharing his birth story! Epidurals don't usually hurt so much going in - probably just because of the inexperience of the technician. But it sounds like you got good pain relief!
Thanks ladies. She has decided to wait until 41 weeks before inducing.
So this article was saying that induction after 41 weeks is a good idea, right? I had heard that the latest studies that OBs were using indicated that risks go up after 41 weeks, and of course, an OB needs to practice with malpractice in mind. However, at 40-41 weeks there seems to be no greater risk.
Hi all - I have a VBAC client (I'm a doula) whose Dr. told her at her visit today (on her due date) that she risks the baby dying if she doesn't schedule an induction in the next couple of days. Anyone have any statistics on that risk? Thanks for the help. Nancy
We have a lot of doulas in our area that are postpartum only. I don't think it would be a problem, and it sounds like it would be a good option for you in your current situation. Good luck!
Thanks for the link to your blog. congratulations on your sweet baby and your VBAC!
You are a birth warrior! Congratulations on your new arrival. I hope you go to www.motherfriendly.org to fill out the birth survey so you can give feedback about this terrible OB. Then, let all animosity go and may your babymoom be sweet!
Chesire - I am so sorry for your loss, but thanks for the heads up. I will definitely tell her to ask about vasa previa. Nancy