or Connect

Posts by zoie2013

Thank you so much for the replies. I love that book, too. It got me through the tandem nursing changes. It's so nice to hear about how you each managed the different nursling characters as I'm very curious what will happen with three and managing the patience level with ds2, which is an issue much more than ds1. I know a few tandem nursers as well, but haven't met any tri-andemers in person. I'm going through an issue with ds2 right now whose nose is so stuffed up he's on...
I'm currently 27w pg and tandem nursing with no plans to wean. I'm having trouble finding support and information about triandem nursing and am hoping for some here. For those who have btdt, do you have any resources for support or have any to give? I welcome advice from those nursing triplets, of course. But, since mine are multi-age nurslings, I'm most interested in the stories, experiences, and advice from those with multi-age nurslings. TIA
I'm currently 27w pg and I'm tandem nursing my 3y9mo and 1y10mo. It's been both challenging and rewarding. The bond and awareness that my two have of each other, me and their new sibling is amazing. They are already talking about new baby having mama milk first, etc. I don't know how I'll manage to nurse three, but I'm going to give it a try and see how we do.
Thank you for all of the replies, mamas. He's definitely not afraid of the painting, but I appreciate where you are coming from with the suggestion. So far, no repeats on this particular event. But, he was continuing other behaviors to see the kind of reaction he'd get. I'm just not reacting strongly to things and he's moving on to other things that interest him more. I noticed that he's exploring reactions and boundaries with his Dad more than me now, and I'm just getting...
18mo was playing with my booklight & began banging it on the wall, then my 6'x6' Buddha painting. It ended up that I took the booklight away. So, he signed, "mama, follow." He led me to my Buddha painting, which he then yanked on with all his might, looking at me for a reaction. He knows that I react when he messes with the painting because I don't want him to get hurt or damage the painting. Aside from removing the painting, how would you handle this behavior next time...
Once your not pg, you can treat them with Oregano oil (contraindicated during pg) and they'll fall off. Although, depending on how close it is to your nipple and if you feel it might bother bfing, you might wait until after bfing is done to use the oil.
Thank you for those replies. I should have mentioned that I see a chiropractor regularly, am a yoga teacher & massage practitioner. None of these seem to have helped and all of my alternative care providers are stumped as it doesn't seem to be either of those things. I'm doing acupuncture and we're going to change the protocol slightly next week to see if we can lessen the feeling. I'm more wondering if someone had stumbled upon this obscure symptom.
A friend passed this along to me. It's a homebirth coloring book for the siblings and you to enjoy: http://www.nchomebirth.com/coloringBook-main.html
Try to go for a glass bottle, too, and avoid Bisphenol-A which leaches readily from the can liners & plastic bottles into sodas/drinks of any kind, "healthier or otherwise." Have you tried mixing pregnancy tea with some juice & bubble water? You can adjust sweetness & taste to your pregnancy craving. Or cutting the soda with pregnancy tea or bubble water? This can mitigate a bit of the awful cascade of stuff that happens to your body when it encounters that large a hit of...
We are planning to ec again. It has been a real life saver for us. Fingers-crossed my youngest will be out of dipes completely before the new baby arrives (he'll be 22mo) Those books pp listed are good. tribalbaby.org is an awesome site. The mdc board is a good resource, there's also a national yahoo group (although it gets so much traffic, I rarely go there anymore) but there are often local yahoo groups for ecing that are great because you can meet up with other moms...