or Connect

Posts by AnnaReilly

I believe you can... Maybe not "fix" it exactly, but sort of counteract it. I think the conscience is a reflection of karma so you need to do whatever will ease your conscience. Take some time to think about something you've done and what the consequences were for the universe, then think of something you could do to heal that damage. For example, you could write letters to people you've hurt apologizing and making amends. For the stealing/being selfish, maybe you...
Wow... you are so much more patient and diplomatic than I would be. (I'd have told her where to stick it sideways.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I don't know, technically you could say that summer solstice is the begining of the dark 1/2 of the year, because that is when the days begin to shorten. I always think of Autumnal Equinox as the start of the dark half since from then on there is more dark then light in each day. And I actually think of the light half as being the first part of the year (starting at Vernal Equinox) because that is such a...
Quote: Originally Posted by tracymom So, yeah, technically "Xtian" is NOT a "misspelling," but is it common and accepted current usage among believers? I don't believe it is. Not to split hairs, but a large portion of my family is Eastern Orthodox and it's very common in that church to find the "X" They actually use it on church flyers and such. Could be because they are "orthodox" and they still have a lot of "old" things like that. Just...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I just do not believe that God is so petty that he/she/them/it would say "not good enough" because someone didn't go through the right prophet, read the right holy book or use the correct name to connect. And really if that is enough to eternally damn someone then I'd be glad I "chose wrong". That's how I feel. When I left Christianity I had a lot of the "What if I'm wrong?" thoughts and that's what I came...
:Puke I'm against the death penalty, but cases like this make me question that stance.
Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom Well, gee. So if I find some of the doctrine/practice/teaching of Islam (or any other religion!) oppressive and offensive, then is it ok for me to come here and be anti-Islam? No, of course not, and if you read my posts again I think you will see that I never condoned any anti-Christian statements. the point I was trying to make is that some of the anti-Christian sentiments floating around are not...
I know how you feel. Sometimes it's very hard not to have a "title." Have you ever read the story of the blind men and the elephant? You may enjoy it.
Quote: i don't think that Chrisitanity is the *official* religion of the US, but yes this country was founded on fundamental Christian beliefs and you do have the right to practice another religion, be a member of a relgious cult, partake in religions that identify themselves as Christians, but don't use the Bible at all and/or change the Bible to say what it means. I'm not sure what you mean here... can you clarify this sentence?...