or Connect

Posts by AnnaReilly

I am SO jealous!!! I want to go see her when she comes through my area so badly but tickets are REALLY expensive. :cry
Those are great comebacks, Meiri. However, I think if I were in the situation I would have shot out a : " F*ck You!" (I'm not very diplomatic and don't deal well with pain.) Sorry you got such a mean nurse!!!
The coffee shop + book sounds heavenly to me. A lot of coffee shops also have musical perforamances with little or no cover charge on weekends so that could be fun to check out. Check to see if your area has community education classes. They are usually fairly inexpensive and I've taken Pottery, Bellydancing, Biodynamics and Tarot classes. The nice thing about a class that's paid for, at least in my experience, is that I am less likely to skip it than just open-ended...
I could have written your post kate-astrophe, except that my DD is 22 months. I'm not going suddenly to cut her off at 2 but I don't think I would mind too much if she was done nursing around that time. I'm trying to offer her as many distractions and alternatives to nursing as possible but if she's really insistant that nursing is what she wants then we nurse. I think that's harder for me than her in a lot of ways because it's easier to just whip out a boob than to go...
And check out this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=160799 For some good distraction-type things to maybe cut back on some of his boredom nursings.
I can sympathize. My DD is 22 months and I think I'm about ready to wean. (Pretty uncommon around here so flame away everyone if you must...) I think child-led weaning is awesome, but I also believe nursing is a relationship and both parties need to be comfortable with it. However, I don't think the idea of putting something on my nipples to change the taste is something I would do. You said... Quote: I was thinking of just telling him now (before I put...
I LOVE my Mama! We've had our moments off butting heads but she is really a great women who has overcome great tragedies/difficulties in her life. She was the only other non-medical person in the room with me when DD was born (besides DH) and was so awesome. Then, as soon as DD was born she gave me a kiss and said our new family needed to get to know each other. She left the room and kept my ILs and my dad from coming in for a good hour so DH, DD and I could bond. It...
-do you have a tattoo? Yes. I have a large dragon across my lower back and onto my side. -what do you think I should choose for my tattoo...any cool peace & justice or feminist symbols you can think of? Pick something that has meaning for you. I got my dragon to symbolize the year of the dragon (among other things) and although I'm not as into it as I once was, it is a part of who I was at the time and thus who I am today. I also planned on getting it for almost a...
Thank you! Same to you! (I LOVE Summer Solstice!!! )
My MIL doesn't do anything *that* bad - just little annoyances here and there. She is of the if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say-don't-say-anything-at-all but that doesn't stop her from thinking mean thoughts and you can read her like a book! It drives me nuts. I can handle confrontation or discussion anyday, just not the passive-aggressive crap. We don't really have much in common, but she is a great women and I am very lucky to have her. I really feel for those of you...