or Connect

Posts by AnnaReilly

I want to go see this but might have a hard time getting away without DD. I know it's not a kids movie but are there things that would be damaging for a 2-year-old who will likely be more interested in the popcorn?
Quote: Originally Posted by Annie7 "So what?" indeed. That's really all the reply that is deserved, in my opinion. For me the "So what?" is this... Maybe instead of taking a symbol and saying, "This is my symbol and the symbol of my people and this sets me apart from you," we can say, "Ah, I see your people used this symbol from way back, too. Perhaps you and I aren't so different after all." Of course, this is just the personal thought of...
That stinks. So far my DD is the only grandchild for my parents and my in-laws so I don't have that issue... yet. I have a feeling that my MIL will be this way. She has 4 kids - 3 boys and 1 girl. (They kept having kids until she got her girl... if #4 had been a boy, they'd have had a 5th and so on...) Her daughter is very much her favorite. So I have a feeling that SILs kids will be the favorites as well.
I would agree with hotmamacita... I think there are some universal truths that apply to everyone, and there are some things that depend on the type of lense you look through.
I don't have a group... I'm a very eclectic pagan so I don't think there really *is* a group for me anyway. I go to a UU church regularly, but my UU is open to learning about paganism and they have pagan speakers now and then but there aren't many pagans in the congregation. The only other thing I have for a "group" are the ladies I've met through the local occult shop. We all have different beliefs but we can share and discuss them in a loving manner. We also have a...
I've been working in my yard as well. I've been working on planting "by the moon." It's a little more involved than just observing the moon phase. Here's a link: http://www.gardeningbythemoon.com/index.html Those of you with planting issues might want to check it out and see if following their recommendations makes any difference.
I think you've done a great job nursing this far and I'm sorry it's not going very well for you! I agree that breastfeeding is only part of a stressful equasion. Before you decide to wean, could you try some counselling/therapy? Or maybe just find something to get you out of the house alone once every couple of days to get a break? And maybe some LLL meetings (you can bring your older kids too) just so you have some real life support. Will weaning really solve your...
If it's thrush you will both need to be treated. (Some treatments include Nystatin suspension for your baby's mouth, Nystatin cream for your nipples, oral Diflucan pills for you and Gentian Violet which is applied to your nipples and swabbed in your baby's mouth.) With thrush it's also really important to sterilize anything that comes into contact with your breasts or your baby's mouth. So wash your bras in HOT water and a HOT dryer and boil all pacifiers, teethers, etc.
I got a formula coupon from Target a couple months ago and this was my letter: Dear Target, In the mail today I received a packet of Target coupons for baby products. While I find this to be a nice gesture, one of the coupons bothered me. It is a coupon for Similac Isomil Advance Powder Infant Formula. The front of the coupon states, "For the first six months, your baby will need between 2 and 2.5 ounces of formula daily for every pound she weighs. You'll need...
I don't get the time to meditate nearly as much as I would like but when I do it's after DD goes to bed. She and I get up at the same time so after she's in bed is really the only time I have to myself (DH goes to bed early too.) That timing becomes problematic on nights when DD stays up later - then by the time she's asleep I'm so tired that I can't meditate without falling asleep. Sometimes then I'll just meditate in bed. Not always ideal, but it's better than nothing...