or Connect

Posts by AnnaReilly

1. Am I crazy for feeling so terrified? Everyone around me is making me feel that way. Do I need a reality check? I don't think you're crazy for being terrified but I do think you need a reality check in a way. "Woods" are not really safe places for kids to play, quarry or no. So yes, the quarry and cliffs are dangerous, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker for me, I would just build a fence. 2. For those of you who grew up with potential imminent dangers near...
Thanks so much, ladies!!! My mom lives in a very small town (with 5 doctors TOTAL, all of whom are GPs) so after the reading I did last night, she and I determined that she really needs to see a specialized gynocologist who has more experience with this. Her current doctors don't think she has fibroids, at least not palpable ones, but she needs more testing I think. I did read about the Endometrial Ablation and it sounds a LOT better than a hysterectomy for sure. I...
I need info - and the sooner the better. My mom went through menopause about 7 or 8 years ago and was put on hormone replacements, as was the thing to do. Since then the studies started showing the danger of the drugs and she was weaned off them this last fall. For the last 2-3 months she has been bleeding. At first it was just like a normal period but it's been getting heavier. Her doctors have tried a few different drugs to no avail and tested her for various...
At least maybe now they will have enough evidence to convict the guy who did it.
I'm still a hefty double D here from nursing, but I can tell you that I think I too would feel like something was missing if I lost "my girls." Not that I wouldn't mind being smaller than I am now, but I wouldn't want them completely gone. I love having curves. IMO breasts don't make women more attractive but they make me *feel* more attractive and, maybe I'm just shallow, but that's worth a lot in my mind. So, I can understand your feelings. I have heard of herbal...
Quote: Originally posted by SamuraiEarthMama dd was born, ds was almost 3 and he wanted to know how the milk came out of the boob. he'd seen baby bottles with a big hole, but he didn't see a hole in the boob's nipple. i told him there were actually several holes in each one, very tiny. he didn't believe me, and so i was going to squeeze out a few drops to show him. instead, i squirted a stream that hit him between the eyes! he screamed like he'd been...
WOW! That's so crazy how many of you know people who remember their births! My earliest memory is from about 7 or 8 months and I remember not being able to talk. People think I'm nuts when I say that. I'll have to see what DD remembers once she can communicate better....
My DD wouldn't sleep on her own for awhile and my trying to force the issue would make her resist sleep more, becoming over-tired and continuing on a great big downward spiral. It seemed like if she woke up to find I wasn't near her she would be traumatized and would be afraid to sleep for fear that I would "abandon" her again. I had 3 or 4 moments (each spanning a couple of days) where I was going through much of what you're describing. What worked for me is this: I...
Quote: Originally posted by famousmockngbrd As if these poor women don't have enough emotional problems. My thoughts exactly. I watched a much less sensationalized documentary a few years ago about an extremely obese woman who underwent gastric bypass surgery and then major reconstructive surgery to remove all of the loose skin after she lost weight. From the start of the show you could tell that this woman's issues with food were the result of...
I caught an episode of that show a week or so ago where it was a couple about to get married. For 6 weeks or something before the wedding they couldn't see each other, during which time they underwent all kinds of surgeries. The first time they see each other with their new faces is at their wedding. The whole thing made me want to barf. :Puke MTV has a show on now too called "I want a Famous Face" where people get plastic surgery to look like a famous person. In the...