or Connect

Posts by corrie43

My brother is going through a divorce and I sent him a nice card to let him know I am thinking of him and things will get better eventually. I was thinking maybe a gift card to somewhere special. There isn't a whole lot to do except lend an ear. Don't badmouth the spouse because if by some chance they get back together someday she will remember you bashing him.
nope, I would buy a new one. I had two repair guys come out. One for the washer and one for the dishwasher. Both cost about 100 each and they both told me I needed parts and repair that would cost more than a new appliance. I wish I would have just went with a new apliance in the first place and skipped the initial bill. I now buy at least 5 year FULL coverage warranties for any appliance. it just paid off because my 1 year old dishwasher just had to have the whole...
I like to clean with Mrs. Meyers geranium all purpose cleaner and open the windows. I won't burn candles because I get nervous with the open flame, but I will turn on a wax warmer and let that get the house smelling nice. I also like to use a lot of baking soda when I clean. I feel like that freshens things. Make sure to clean under the fridge. I have found old stinky smelling spills under there I didn't even know I had spilled anything. Also my microwave tends to hold...
Thanks to tax return we are about halfway through BS3.. We have tons of expenses coming up though. HOA fees, escrow underpayment, and a few other 200-300 dollar expenses. So that may set us back a bit. However we have been selling things on ebay and craigslist like crazy. Hopefully that off sets it a bit. It is helping me get decluttered and organized too!
I know how you feel. When we got our debt paid off it was like ok now onto the next big hurdle, saving a big e fund, start sinking funds ect ect. We still aren't comfortable yet. We do have some savings, but not enough for me to relax. We were able to take a debt free vacation to disney though and that felt SOOOOO good. That was pretty much our reward for paying off all the credit cards. Now we have a sinking fund for vacations. Hopefully we can take one every other year...
a 12 pack of organic pumpkin cans was 10 bucks with subscribe and save.. Awesome deal..
I do have raynuads and my doctor said tokeep the heat at 70 or above, but I can't afford it. Right now I have it at 66-67 during the day on weekends. Weeks days I have to do 68 because I run a home daycare and it is the rules. Upstairs though never goes above 62. I have a space heater I use for about 10 minutes before we go upstairs to get it to about 64 and then I have an electric blanket. My son still doesn't even wear a shirt while my toes are numb. Everyone is...
Christmas gives me the excuse to shop which can be dangerous.. LOL It is my goal to keep it simple this year and put lots of thought into everyone's gifts..
we are still working on BS3.. We have 2000 in savings that we hopefully won't need to touch when we go to disney in January. We have flights paid, hotels paid and a weeks worth of disney tickets paid IN CASH... Woo hoo. We just need a rental car for the week and our food down there.   I have taken on a few new part time things, selling for two direct sales companies, scentsy and thirty one gifts, I am cleaning houses and I run a daycare as well. My husband works one...
I sell scentsy so that is my first choice (electric wax warming system), but a reed diffuser is nice, or any electric tart warmer. I would try cleaning it really well with a mix of vinegar and essentail oils too. Maybe even putting some damp rid in the room would take out odor. A bowl of vinegar may help too or an open box of baking powder