or Connect

Posts by USAmma

My kid had EoE and it took nearly 3 years to diagnose. It was a newer thing to a lot of doctors and they did not know to look for it. I wish they had found it sooner-- the treatment was simple-- an Elemental formula diet. And it doesn't have to be scary. Oftentimes they just put them on the formula and they get better immediately.   The scarier part is not knowing. I really would recommend a visit to a GI doc. They can do a scope and test for sure if it's EoE or just...
Thanks for the advice and input. I really appreciate it! So she saw the neurologist and she agrees it's migraines. She has chronic daily migraines to be exact. :-( Pain 5-8 out of 10 constantly. Apparently the dizzy spells are part of it and she does not have a cardiac or BP problem, or sugar problem. She said to try Periactin for 2 months in increased doses, and Naproxen also. She took Periactin as a younger kid for her feeding aversions and it did give her an appetite....
My celiac kid is my older one and not suffering from migraines, thank goodness. Just attitude at age 13 (in 2 days). ;-) But I did think about dietary triggers. 
I have two girls ages 9 and 12 (will be 13 in four days). And a husband. Dh works full time. I work 25 hours/week night shift. I am so, so tired of spending my nights off cleaning and picking up. The most frustrating part was dh always comes home saying the house is a mess, and my nearly 13 year old just told me last night that she doesn't want friends over because our house is not as clean as theirs.   Several of the friends have cleaners come 1-2 times a week. Another...
Here's what I got tonight-- plus three more laid after this photo was taken. :-)   
 Ugh, sounds like you were on eggshells the whole time. Who needs that? Your dh sounds like he's just trying to cope. Thank goodness you can enjoy some good time together. Time is so valuable!
I hate how the holidays can bring up the worst family situations. My mom and I have always had a very difficult relationship. Last Easter we had a big blow up. She was being very insensitive about my dad's recent passing. Mom and Dad had been divorced for years, really hated each other. She was going on about how she was glad the world was better now that he was gone. I had healed my wounds with my dad and we had a good relationship the last several years, and I had just...
Thank you for all your feedback! good to know and talk to the doctor about. Her headaches came back after just four days, and she started to feel like fainting last night and almost did. She had a full heart work-up as a baby with echocardiogram (u/s of the heart) and no defects, but I want to also ask for an EKG to rule out arrhythmia's. This neuro appt. can't come soon enough. :-(
A lactation consultant might be able to help you even though he's on bottles. You can also ask for a consult to a speech/feeding therapist. Other things to ask for are a modified barium swallow test (which is very simple and non-invasive) and a gastric emptying test.    If those feeding issues have been ruled out, time to get a referral to a GI doctor. My baby had *severe* reflux and feeding aversions. Had to be tube-fed from 3 months on, and was eventually found to have...
I like that idea of a craft set and you two can learn together.   My 10yo DD has been asking my dh to make her a wooden table and some stools for her doll house.    I used to LOVE it when my grandma made me a whole tin of magic bars just for me.   Maybe you repaint her dresser or desk custom to her room or her likes or favorite colors.