or Connect

Posts by USAmma

I am knitting a hat for a co-worker's baby. She does not know the sex of the baby, or the name. My last baby gift hat turned out great with a monogram of the baby's initials. But not knowing this baby's sex or name, not sure what to put on the hat as a design. The hat is a nice earthy brown color and I was thinking of using off-white yarn for the pattern.   Does anyone have any suggestions for a simple symbol to put on it? I was thinking a snowflake or something winter...
We have 100% tile in the house. Due to dogs having accidents, kids spilling things, and general wear and tear, I gave up on larger area rugs because they are so hard to clean. I invested in some rubber backed smaller rugs (large bathmats basically, with a pretty design on them) that I put together to make a big area rug. I found some nice ones at CostCo for $15 each. When one of them gets dirty, I just put that one in the washing machine. :-) Super easy solution. 
I had these same feelings, and it's totally normal to have them. I have heard other women express the same thing. :-)   I love each of my kids for what makes them unique. Each has a totally different set of personalities, talents, and challenges. I love one for certain things, and and I love the other one for other things. But the level of love is the same. 
Are you worried about your son's growth? I work peds and have seen a huge variation of sizes and weights of kids at this age. It depends on genetics, diet, and health status.  Here is a growth chart for boys ages 3 and up. Hope this helps somewhat http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l021.pdf
Maybe you can ask for a partial refund and then wait until she's older to try again. It sounds like she's scared and fear is a strong emotion that's hard to get past at any age.   The only lessons i made my kids do was a water survival/swim class. We have a lot of pools in my area and kids drown way too often. Now I work as a peds nurse in stepdown ICU and we get a lot of near drowning survivors and most will never be the same. So swimming lessons were not an option. My...
 yes I have them in the coop in little cages so they can watch but not get at the others. The breeder suggested doing that for a few days. The one with the neck looks better and may survive after all, and the one that was killed was not Big Puff. So things are looking up. Boy, farm life is sometimes really hard . . .
That is "big puff" and she's the boss. I'm having a bad situation today though. The breeder sold me a few more females. I rearranged the coop to avoid territorial disputes, but they started having a civil war. Fighting horribly, all of them. One has a bad gash on her neck and may not make it. I have two in solitary. The rest have since settled down but look stressed. Then to top it all off one jumped out of the coop when I had the door open and the dog grabbed it and...
Adulthood! Hope to see eggs in about 2 weeks.
Here they are! I am surprised and pleased that some of them actually use the ramp. Most of them are either in the "bedroom" or underneath "bedroom" in an upside down box on the lower level because of the dog and me taking pics. Skittish little things! At night I shut them all up in the second story "bedroom" because it's 40-50 degrees at night. I won't worry so much when they are just a bit older.
If you are going to add any upgrades to the mortgage, do it! We have several things, including a back porch, that we were going to do "later" and of course they never happened, 15 years later. I wish we had gone ahead and had them build the back porch and a couple of other things at the time we had the chance to do it.    Great rooms are beautiful and a recipe for chaos, clutter, and noise. Would have much rather had separate kitchen, living room, and family...