or Connect

Posts by PlayaMama

http://www.pids.org/news/238-pids-position-statement-on-pbes.html     there's the position statement. it basically wants to make it so you have to sign something from the state after visiting a counselor that states that you are aware of the dangers of not vaccinating and that states will reevaluate the policy annually to determine the number of folks getting exemptions.   in the current fiscal climate, i have a hard time seeing the states suddenly signing up...
since you quoted me, i guesss i'll respond. i rarely use antibiotics and i am a very selective vaxer (dd didn't have any until she was 2-1/2 and has now had one each of the MMR and DTaP) just to give you my "credentials".   i've become much more moderate with age and i think that there is quite a bit of profit to be made in the supplement industry and (in response to the bolded and italicized) they _encourage_ people to believe the things they say with little to back it...
oh my gosh!   sorry i don't have much else to add to this thread, but i thought that was funny.
half of 25% is 12.5%. i didn't read that it was referring to half of the testicles.   not sure what else i have to add to this thread...i'm vaxing for MMR but not for Hib. i should add that my ds was vaxed for it and experienced no side effects, dd is currently older than it is recommended for, i was fairly non-vax when i chose to skip that one, but have re-evaluated the evidence i was using to make that decision and have decided that there is definitely some merit to...
  i apologize if you thought that i was deliberately picking apart your post.   i am currently finishing a master's degree program and so i only have time to briefly scan most threads and only engage in some. as i hadn't read this entire thread deeply, and honestly don't have much knowledge on smallpox, i thought it best to avoid the major discussion.   i do accept that the use of language is very important to me (perhaps more than other people ), and i think that it's...
to be honest, i didn't read the rest of your post after that jumped out at me.   i just hate to see scientific terms misused because i think it dilutes the scientific meaning of the words.   the idea that theories gestate into laws is a common misconception and it confuses the meaning of a "scientific" theory as opposed to any other sort of theory.   also, a "scientific rule" doesn't exist and a "scientific fact" is something that is universally accepted by...
wait, against formula?   for some reason i had the idea that it was merely pro-breastfeeding with the understanding that formula was sometimes needed by moms for various reasons that they don't necessarily need to justify.   i guess i thought that being pro-breastfeeding didn't necessarily mean that you had to be against other options.   i guess i was confused?
  sorry to nitpick, but scientific theories never become scientific laws.   they are two distinct ideas in science that are often confused by those not familiar with scientific vocabulary. (i had to refresh my own memory when i started teaching science four years ago after seven years away from it).   a theory is an overarching idea that connects a group of hypotheses that has been supported by a large amount of evidence and is generally thought to be true, though if...
missed your last post!   i just wanted to say yay for a first visit that went at least moderately well and a care provider that you trust. my amazing dentist also had us do a fluoride application, but only in his office. he also promoted mineral paste (MI Paste is the brand) that has calcium and phosphate in a specific ratio that is supposed to help remineralize your teeth.   so, that's another provider that is generally crunchy that also supported topical...
  sorry, there's no way i was going to give my money to someone that was suggesting something so obviously inaccurate.   i mean, if you think that something else (other than our modern theory of bacterial growth producing acid) is going on, that's fine, but if you're going to try to use a "scientific" example, then make sure it's scientific. there are bacteria that grow in pretty much every possible condition that you can find on the planet. there are bacteria living in...