or Connect

Posts by PlayaMama

yes. i think that our future is not certain and, when i can't order sodium ascorbate over the internet, i'd like my children to have as much protection as possible from some diseases.   i really do think that having clean water and a sanitation system in place are things that people often take for granted, myself included. imagining conditions without those facilities in place affirms my decision to vaccinate my children for things that they might not necessarily...
there are some that are specific for vaccines though. from this blog http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=5025   there are links to two studies which compared placebos with vaccines and a response that indicates that the terms " 'Vaccine’, ‘efficacy’,  ’randomized’ and  ’placebo control trial’  results in 416 Pubmed references."   i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for?
did anyone suggest that an 8 day half-life would remove all radioactivity?   half-life means that half of the amount in the sample has decayed into something else that is not the same isotope. so, an isotope doesn't hold partial radioactivity, it is radioactive based on its particle make-up. the number of isotopes with a radioactive make-up will be diminished by half.   it sounded like the pp thought that the half-life of an element would change based on some condition,...
darn, that is just perfect for what i am feelling. the last two years i just jumped in feet first and created these beautiful representations of my future life. it's really been amazing to see so many parts of it come to fruition. i'm really in the hardest part now, and i know to get where i need to go is going to take so much work.   the only way out is through, but all i want to do is avoid.   i think this is being applied to my TM right now, by extension.   a little...
ds was six and almost 50 pounds. he's done really really well, and probably could have switched earlier. he still rides in his boulevard in dh's car but he'll outgrow that in probably a month or two.
what does that mean?   half-life doesn't mean gone...  
i'm in!   i'm in the middle of a one year master's program and i've had very little time to do anything, but i've done maps for the last two years and it's just been amazing.   i've always been very thrifty and this year i just don't have the time to make my board from scratch (with watercolors for the orange) so i'm going to buy one. i think. if i can find time to get to the store.   i will at least finish getting my pictures tonight. i think.   ugh! i...
do you have any friends with a pony that he can ride? or would you consider getting a pony for him?   we had horses my entire life, and i had a shetland pony that was bombproof from the time i was two until about eighteen. i never took lessons until i was in my early teens. and that was when i'd made a committment to doing it (and cleaned stalls to earn them!). it was also on a friend's arabian, not the shetland.   i mean, you can learn how to ride without...
  wait, an older landcruiser that isn't gas guzzling? the one i drove got about 14 miles to the gallon if i was lucky, more often it was between 10 and 12. our older minivan is WAY more efficient than the land cruiser.   have you done anything to it to increase fuel efficiency? i'm curious because i frreakin' loved that car but i couldn't handle the gas bill.  
i go back and read mine!   i think that it was a really special time in my life that i shared with some very special women. i would seriously feel a little lost if my ddc archive were to disappear.