or Connect

Posts by PlayaMama

it might not in an individual with HIV. the results of less than 50% from the one study aren't terribly high, though almost 90% sounds a lot better! so, if they were to achieve an immunity status that was somewhere in the middle (3 out of 4 say) then that would be helpful for decreasing the likelihood of a new variant happening. of course it's not going to completely prevent it, but an increase in the odds isn't bad. and combined with safer sexual practices it's likely...
it's one that i've gone back and forth on. at first i thought like you, there's little likelihood of my child coming into contact with this, why would i want to chance that they could get it from the vaccine?   but, then, well, my world-view kind of underwent a shift and i'm just not as certain that the chances of my child being exposed is so minimal. i feel the future of our society is not as certain as i'd though, and a lot of things i take for granted are part of...
    in response to the bolded and blue- the reasons that it is likely that the partial status of these few subjects is important for two reasons. 1- the population data, which shows that mutants ONLY out-compete the wild-type in the presence of the vaccine, indicates that these would ONLY have arisen in a partially vaxed person. if the person was not vaxed, then the mutants would have been out-competed by the wild-type. 2- the fact that at least four of the mutants...
    thanks for your thoughtful response!   in regards to the bolded, the article did cite two studies that discuss this topic.   it's interesting that you would look to the immune status of the subjects rather than the vaccination status. the majority of the article was discussing the limited ways in which the structure of the Hep A virus could mutate and still be viable. they also showed how the locations of these mutations were similar in the lab (in conditions in...
  i didn't think we were disagreeing?   ---------------------- eta- i just re-read. i think we're disagreeing about kidsville?   two experiences that i had with kidsville really influenced the way that i look at it. the first was a couple having sex in their tent with an open door while their children played outside and being unwilling to change their behaviour when asked. this exposed not only their children but any other children in the vicinity to explicit sexual...
i think salt is only of concern if you already have high blood pressure. it doesn't cause it, but it can exacerbate it because it puts stress on your kidneys. if your renal system isn't functioning well, then this causes blood pressure problems.
those are great!   i just came back to add mr. popper's penguins and now i have a whole bunch to add to my library list!   especially the ursula k le guin. how did i forget to read those? ds will love them i'm sure!
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9M1STEG0.htm        
i would think it's the dryer and the electric fan for the heater. those have been the highest for us in the past.   i'm sure your bill will go down in the summer, unless you need ac?
my very favourite kid gear would probably be.... my ergo. i've used it for five years, two kids, and it's still rockin' it. i love that thing.