or Connect

Posts by PlayaMama

we don't do easter. i always mean to do something for the equinox (we're not christians so i avoid their holidays) but i always forget and so... my kids never get anything this time of year. i feel like a bad mom
i think there are much better budget systems than excel.     if you want to add up a series of numbers use this formula =SUM(letternumber:letternumber) this is for a bunch of numbers in a column, so like A1:A12 would add up all the numbers from A1 to A12.   i think you'd have to categorize it yourself, but that wouldn't be too hard if you just each item into a different row. there might be some way to do it, but i'd look for something that is designed for...
people are so funny! i'm 34, my mom is 53 and people _always_ ask if she's the mom of my kids (6 and 3) when we are out! even when i'm standing right there!  
  she has lost a family member.   interestingly enough, i think the reaction that she has received has been misplaced. i am always one to look on the bright side, and being reminded that there are so many that are in much more desperate situations reminds me to cling less to my own fears and to spread compassion.   anyway, my point isn't to compare worries, it's to realize that in the US we are all in a place of privilege and that those that don't have that privilege...
  but imagine experiencing the devastation and terror that she must be feeling being that close. to come onto a board and hear so many with so little risk and so much privilege discussing their own fears.   not that we all aren't allowed our own emotions, but wouldn't it seem a little bit upsetting to you? i can certainly understand where mmmmochi is coming from. if i were in her situation facing the future with my children that close, i'd be willing to do anything to...
      i think the insensitive part was putting the word "only" in front of 30,000 dead people, some of may be mmmmochi and her children.or anyone really. 30,000 lives seems very significant to me.   i mean, what if it were you? what is someone was writing off your life and the lives of your family members as _only_ a couple of people that would be hurt. no big deal really.
spring break is here! and now that i've completed everything and have a few days before anything major is due again, i'm going to clean clean clean!!!
    one of the reasons that i think that it seems like people see something that is part of the nature of science and, because it contradicts what they learned about science, they think that the entire enterprise is faulty.   for example: -science never proves anything. if someone says, "scientifically proven" it shows that they don't know what they are talking about. -the scientific method doesn't exist. the process of science is absolutely _not_ that strict. just...
that's what i thought at first too. but there there were three pages of people saying that this was something that people felt comfortable to comment on, like it was a socially acceptable thing to do.   which made me think why? why would this be socially acceptable?    
this is interesting to me from a sociological perspective. if i think of it in a "it takes a village to raise a child" then children are, in a way, something that everyone should be interested in. i could also see how there is the potential for large numbers of children to tax the "village" resources.   there could also be something evolutionary to it, in the way that seeing someone create many offspring will increase the likelihood of their genes surviving and the...