or Connect

Posts by queen_anne78

If you have had a home birth with a midwife in the Cinci area, would you mind PMing me with the midwife you used and your experience? I feel like my pickings are slim and am starting to get a little worried.   I am due in mid-July with my 3rd baby, 3rd home birth (I hope.) I am looking for someone with a very strong skill set, preferably licensed through NARM...   Thanks.
We've just moved to the area, and I haven't met him yet, but Dr. Bowen is our back-up in case of transfer. He has a good relationship with our midwife (who thankfully will be making the drive up from Lexington) so I think that speaks well of him. There is also a midwife in his practice. Hope you find someone
nada??
DH and I just moved to West chester and I suspect that my 2.5 y.o DD has a UTI....I was needing to find a new dr anyways (expecting #2 in January), just hoping not to have needed to see one so soon. Any reccomendations for a dr who won't give me too much crap for selectively vaxing/home birthing? I'd love it if it were close-ish to West Chester/ N. Cinci area...Thanks
So I was trying to make the "basic muffins" from the NT cookbook, and I just took the cover off of the flour/buttermilk mixture that I let sit all night, and EW. Top of it is almost black. Is that normal??????? I stirred it up, and underneath the black part it looks how I expected....like moist flour. I did add a little milk and lemon juice to the mixture b/c I was about 3/4 of a cup short on buttermilk....could that have caused the black color??? Should I continue with...
No I definitely do not want to UC. I get that some women are down with that....it's not for me LilStar, yes, Candace is one of the back ups I am considering. All of your thoughts are things I've constantly gone over in my head....the reason I wanted the assistant from G's birth to be my doula is that she has "equipment" and could watch out for safety until our CNM arrives. Our CNM stated she has complete and utter confidence in this girl and would not be worried...
Well, basically...here's the deal. She has a really busy hospital practice (I'm talking 10-12 babies a week), and only does a home birth every once in awhile, and while all the drs in her practice are miraculously ok with her doing occasional home births, she can't 100% guarantee she'll make it. She said she hasn't missed a birth in awhile, but that's why she has us get a back-up. I think she does call these other midwives if she needs them to back her up, b/c she...
I am due with my second baby in January and have hired a CNM to do our home birth. I had a home birth with my first and it was awesome, but that midwife has since moved away. I like the CNM we have hired, but she has a busy hospital practice and requires her home birth clients to hire a back-up midwife so that in the event she can't get away from the hospital, they won't be alone. My question is, do I interview this back-up midwife as thoroughly as I did my...
When we found out G was deaf, my mom said, "Oh! I have always wanted to learn sign language!" I love my mom. She is pretty much one of the holiest people I have ever met. My MIL on the other hand, was devastated. She pushed right away for us to do the cochlear implant surgery, so G could be "normal". RAAAAAAAR I hate that word. We had to remind her constantly that it was our decision. Now, almost a year since we've had our diagnosis, she still says things that...
Quote: Originally Posted by fairejour Nope! Even 2 years ago I never thought I would have put my daughter through a surgery on her HEAD if it wasn't life threatening....guess I was wrong! Boy can I relate to this. Gianna was born with profound sensorineural bilateral hearing loss. We didn't get her diagnosis until she was about a year old, after I asked for a hearing test. Almost a year later, we are waiting on a surgery date for a...